Reverse Cross to re-develop old genetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Cross to re-develop old genetics

I've been searching for landrace Acapulco Gold but can find no pure regular seed so I got this wild idea to try to reverse breed to bring out as much of the original strain as possible. I'm not even sure if this is possible. My question is if I pollinate a feminised female with a regular seed will the resulting seed be necessarily be feminised? And even if it is, then I breed again with the same male pollen would I strengthen the AG genetic. Sorry I'm not well schooled in genetics so maybe it's a nutty idea. I'm thinking a male true Skunk #1 which is strong in the AG strain with an AG fem unless I get lucky and find AG regular then my problem would be solved. I know there are breeders among us so anybody got ideas how I might do this?
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

The seed from that cross would be regular seed.
    Back breeding would be a search for that 1 plant that has the traits you want, good luck.
    I know nothing about these but look here
    https://farawaylandseedbank.com/prod...annabis-seeds/
    Compare Acapulco Gold Seeds prices & buy them at the best price! Compare Acapulco Gold Seeds characteristics with thousands of others cannabis products to find the best for you :)
    Last edited by Rwise; 06-29-2021, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I wanted to hear re: regular seed, Thx. thx for the links too. Faraway page says regular at the top of the ad but lower down says feminised. Free the Tree has regular AG that has been hybridized but I can get some males for pollen and that's a good start. It is interesting when you start looking that there are literally thousands of strains out there...lots of busy beaver breeders, lol! Thanks again Rwise!

A couple more links, again I know nothing, but the term landrace may help you find what you want.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      hey thanks friend, I've spent many hours going to many sites and finding conflicting info within the same ads; will say Regular in title and Fem in description so I guess I'll just get on the phone and call dealers or breeders I can get numbers for. Thanks sir Toka

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X