Background/Setup
    • This is my first grow
    • Medium - Fox Farm Ocen mixed with Fox Farm Frog
    • Lighting - 1200 w LED
    • 5 gal pot
    • watering with water only - ph around 6.6
    • Temp - 75-80 and humidity 40-60%
    • Plant - gorilla glue autoflower
    • No Nutrients have been added to the soil or water other then what was initially in the soil mixture
    Description
    Plant is around 4 weeks old. Ever since the plant grew its first set of leaves I've noticed the leafs have a "bleached look" to them.. they are not white or even that light colored but bleached is the closet description I have. I have two other plants that look great next to this one. I've looked up possible issues and the closet one seems to be Thrips.. however, I do not see any insects on the leafs themselves. Other then the discoloration the plant appears to be fine. Any advice would be great! I can add more photos if needed.

Last edited by Meech; 06-28-2021, 08:37 AM.

What about temps? And humidity?

if it’s thrips damage it’s the worst thrips damage I’ve ever seen on a plant.?? Really. I had thrips last time on all 8 plants but they didn’t look like that and the thrips was everywhere on the leaves and under the leaves.
    I treated them with ISO alcohol mixed with water and sprayed every night before lights were out, for 3-4 days. Then waited a week and did the same again.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Meech
      Meech commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the comments. I agree it seems like an issue with the roots I'll have to look a bit more into possible solutions. thanks for the info.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem
      One thing i cant have without growing is some kind of root stimulator. As voodoo juice or root juice.
      They save me from having root problems every single time.

• Meech
      Meech commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! I just ordered some voodoo juice so we'll see what happens.

I’m thinking more like you have roots issues 🤔
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Looks identical to a “Speed Bud Auto” I had, it showed those mottled markings/spots all veg cycle. However.. it grew into my tallest, highest yielding out of the 3.

Personally I think it’s genetics, just a phenotype. But still keep an eye on her!

pic 1: showing the similar leaf pattern
      pic 2: compared to her sister
      pic 3: when she started flowering
      Attached Files

Comment

• Meech
        Meech commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah thats exactly what it looks like.. I'll keep an eye on her.

Your PH is too low. Raise it to 6.8-6.9. The discoloration is caused by nutrient lockout caused by low PH. I suggest yo add some nutrients and cal-mag..
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Meech
        Meech commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay I'll double check the PH and raise it if needed to that level. Thank you!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X