Major rain and storms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major rain and storms

We have had 3 days of major rain and storms. There has been some damage to plants, what kind of stress does way to much water have on plants and should they be able to recover?

Root rot is the big issue as I see it. And to that I use raised beds, the image is 130 or so gallons with no bottom. It started with 13 plants, 4 males removed one allowed to have his way with the girls, then he too was removed. The space in the center was a Greasy Grapes clone with many seed.
    Also leaves that touch each other need to be thinned to reduce the chance of WPM, I like to clean the bottom 18" for air flow under (not done in this pic yet).
    Later in the year when we all have buds on, we need to watch for bud rot with this rain (I do with the plants below now)

Comment

They look healthy bigger plants can resist more just make sure ur soil is not to wet before u give them any more I use a cheap soil tester to check moisture

Comment

They look awesome !
        just keep an eye for airflow and make sure the soil is more on the dry side than wet.

Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X