Best hygrometer on Amazon???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best hygrometer on Amazon???

Hey all! What is the best hygrometer purchase to make on Amazon? This year I'm moving past my 'newbie' stage and got 4 growing outside. Once harvest time comes in gonna have more then I ever had (always grew just 2 in the tent). What is the best (accurate)meter to purchase. I read the Amazon reviews and many who buy the multi packs have issues with them having different readings. Thanks in advance!

Provide the link if you don't mind...
    Last edited by jamesphoto; 06-26-2021, 06:58 AM.
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Hi jamesphoto I've tried a few different models and the little black cubes at 4 for $12 seem like the best value. They aren't adjustable but they were +- 1% accurate right out of the box.

Google the "Hygrometer Salt Test" to see how accurate and consistent whichever ones you buy are.
    My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
    I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
    Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• jamesphoto
      jamesphoto commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir. Can you provide the link? There seems to be many available with about the same price range.

After a few tokes are you really a grouchy old man???😃😃😃

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      You Trollin me Son.... doan be trollin me, makes me Grouchy and you don't wanna see Grouchy! Jus sayin.

Check here for those widgets:

PS, price went down, 12 for $20 "Add to Cart!"
      Last edited by grouchyoldman; 06-26-2021, 03:59 PM.

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with grouchy if they are meant for your jars when curing. The cheap ones have so far been more than good enough for that purpose. I don’t think they’ve ever been out very far. For my grow room I use controllers that can measure RH and power up my humidifier/dehumidifier as needed (I use Inkbird controllers as they are decent price and seem to work well but there are probably others out there). I find that it is difficult to determine which one is most accurate because it can vary greatly depending on where in the room they are. Even the fans moving air will change the RH constantly by a little as they oscillate.

Just pushing the buttons to see how far you will go before snapping... Ha. Ha. Ha. Guess I got my answer!

Thank you for the link. You are right - 'Add to Cart'. Happy growing!!!
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

Xiaomi Bluetooth mijia

Comment

Just a followup suggestion on using cheap, non-adjustable hygrometers.

Buy one of the more expensive adjustable hygrometers like the Caliber IV and adjust it with the "Salt Test." Then use the calibrated unit to note how much each of the cheapos differ. Mark each of those with the RH % correction needed and you're good to go.

As you can see in the pic, most of the little ones are pretty close right out of the box. If any budget models are off by more than 4% I save the batteries then throw the unit out.
        I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
        Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
          DeadlyFruit commented
          Editing a comment
          Your test is more exact than mine but I just throw the hygrometer in a jar of well cured bud that I know has stabilized and contains a 62% boveda pack and another hygrometer showing it is stable at 62%. If the new one goes to 62% then it is golden. I know this is not a perfect test but it would be pretty unlikely to be out by much. It is good enough for my purposes.

• grouchyoldman
          grouchyoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          DeadlyFruit, good call!

That's actually what I do as well once I've calibrated a new batch of them. People disagree about Boveda, but I'm a fan and pretty much every jar gets a packet. Cheap insurance I reckon.

• DeadlyFruit
          DeadlyFruit commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m with you, boveda rocks and all my jars get one!

Yep
        I’ve used Boveda packs for several years in my jars and they keep terpenes strong and the weed sticky.

Comment

Takes up no space, batteries not required.
          Attached Files

Comment

• jamesphoto
            jamesphoto commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, those are awesome. I'm really impressed. Thanks

• grouchyoldman
            grouchyoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            quirk, I'd like to try a mechanical model, do you have a link or Model for the one in the pic?

grouchyoldman, while I'm not grouchy, I am a senior septuagenarian and don't know how to post a link. I purchased off their website, as the were a couple of bucks cheaper than I found elsewhere and had free shipping. It's the analog model that fits the wide mouth, quart mason jar.

Comment

Thanks quirk , I'm not usually that Grouchy either, more like a bear, fierce when roused.

Here's a link to the HyLid hygrometers. I didn't realize how useful these are until I had a closer look at your picture! They are actual Ball Jar lids with a hygrometer built in! Perfect for curing purposes and $49 for a pack of six lids seems very reasonable. Digital & analog models available. I'm putting my order in.

PS, to include a link, just copy it from the target website and paste it into your post.

-Grouchy

Comment

Originally posted by grouchyoldman View Post
              Thanks quirk , I'm not usually that Grouchy either, more like a bear, fierce when roused.

Here's a link to the HyLid hygrometers. I didn't realize how useful these are until I had a closer look at your picture! They are actual Ball Jar lids with a hygrometer built in! Perfect for curing purposes and $49 for a pack of six lids seems very reasonable. Digital & analog models available. I'm putting my order in.

PS, to include a link, just copy it from the target website and paste it into your post.
              I wrote Mason jar while I meant Ball Jar. Thank you for the info on how to post a link. I sure like it when they're included.

Comment

I ordered a set of HyLids from Matt at Hylids,com today. He offered to send me some of each, analog & digi Hylids, to compare. Not shilling, but this is potentially a really great product for OCD Curing Karens like me (Us?). An accurate RH reading on the top of each lid in my "Library" of Post-Legal CannaGrows? Hells Yes! BUT, let's see if these are as good as they sound.

I did learn that the digital versions are not "adjustable" so you can't change the readout to be +/- a salt test calibration. The Analog one's can be adjusted and the HyLids owner says, "analog hygrometers are my favorite because they use the traditional way of measuring moisture in the air (by expansion and contraction of a copper spring)."

-Grouchy

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
                  DeadlyFruit commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Definitely an ‘us’ on the OCD growers comment. I didn’t realize what they were from the first picture but the follow-up pic with all of the lids looks awesome, I am going to get me some of those. I will still keep some cheap plastic ones as I have a tendency to give them away with a moisture packet when I give a jar of stuff that may not yet have fully cured to close friends but those lids are going to stay with me!

Thanks quirk and grouchyoldman for highlighting a pretty cool product.

• jamesphoto
                  jamesphoto commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awesome. Thank you for the link and your research ol' man. That seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X