Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grouchyoldman
    commented on 's reply
    You are on the right track Catfish22, stick with it and let them dry till you can feel the little bud twigs snap. That's a solid signal to toss them into the jars.

• Catfish22
    replied
    I chopped the NL on 1 July and the colas I chose weighed in grams 33.5, 20.4 and 9.5.

I hung them in my lung room at 75°F & 60% RH. The only circulation is a small fan pointed at a far wall and whatever movement the tent exhaust fans create.
    After 13 hrs they had lost between 35 & 38% of their starting weight.
    However in the following 6 hrs they lost less than 10% of the remaining moisture weight.
    I'll weigh them again tonight and tomorrow morning and see what happens.

PS buds are still soft, not crinkly feeling. They feel lightly moist but not just trimmed wet.

Leave a comment:

• welshweed
    replied
    Ha Ha!

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    welshweed I hear that the hand-wringing and angst at harvest actually increases the amount of THC in the buds. ;-}

• welshweed
    commented on 's reply
    I harvested Pru the purple auto this morning! (much hand-wringing and angst before I took the plunge and chopped her)
    Blodwen the blueberry auto needs another week I reckon.

• grouchyoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to be of help welshweed, sharing what we learn is the genius of GWE.

Let us know how your harvest unfolds.

• welshweed
    replied
    grouchyoldman . That was a really interesting report, and as someone who's about to harvest his first grow it's much appreciated.
    Especially on the drying process. I've read up on whether it's better to do a wet trim or a dry trim and been debating the best way forward. But you seem to have come up with a half-decent compromise by starting to trim on 3rd day of drying. If it works for you...
    Thanks,
    Evengrouchyeroldman

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Really? You could've taught Zoom courses on how to survive the shutdown, lol.

• alltatup
    replied
    Growing weed definitely puts a damper, so to speak, on travelling. I haven't left the house for 5 years except to buy toilet paper.

Leave a comment:

• grouchyoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful day on the water, but a dearth of hungry trout. That's why they call it 'Fishing' rather than catching! Mellow afternoon and the RH dropped back to 62% Stinky BB is indeed wafting down the valley. I'm guessing only the Scout Masters will recognize it.

• grouchyoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Hi BR2K, Humidity too low is a serious problem for sure. But even a bathroom with a cheap humidifier would create a "Lung Room" effect where you could boost your buds with a little drink of the humid.

I can personally attest that "Burp Lids" do not work for curing. They are designed to release gas from a variety of fermenting processes and that's not what we need. It is easy to imagine but hard to create the device we need for precise curing. Think a big Ball Jar with a top that had two tubes, one to push air into the jar and the other to suck it out. If you had control of what went in and what came out, and even the option to create a vacuum.... well, then Curing would become a science, rather than an art.

Cheers,

-Grouchy

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    That's too funny grouchyoldman

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    Sir, would those be like the lids on jars I use for kim chi? They have a one way valve but you can hold it open a bit if needed?

• BR2K
    replied
    I have the opposite problem. I live in a high desert area and have trouble keeping my harvests from drying out too much.

However, I ran across a product that may be a work around for your situation. Burp lids. I ordered a set, two of the four wouldn't hold a seal. I ordered a replacement set and all four work. They comes with a little simple vacuum pump. I would think you could just withdraw a pump or two, to lower the humidity?

Leave a comment:

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    😂😂😂 Bruce is a stinky one

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X