Cloning in water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Cloning in water

Hi helpful people! I have been following nebula haze’s advice on cloning in water and have been successful with one clone so far, and lost a couple others. (My guess is they weren’t getting enough sun, but not really sure why, the stems just started rotting...) that clone is now in soil, doing great, in its first days outside now. I have one that just keeps growing more and more white dots, without any of them turning into roots! I’m sure you will all tell me to just be patient, but curious if anyone has had a similar situation? I have it by a window that gets mostly diffused sun with a bit of bright time, should I put it in a super bright location instead? Any help would be appreciated Thanks!

Oops forgot photos...
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi. I know nothing. When I cut 3 clones from my only grow (seeds not available for sale) I used Nebula's glass method. Mine were thinner stemmed, smaller. They were doing well until the cat stole them, they were on top of a bookcase secretary near my south-facing patio door. Good luck!
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• amy24
        amy24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha, I had a dog knock one over that I had in soil earlier in the season! I feel your pain!

The only thing I can think of is when you cut the clone scrape the first layer of skin off of the stock before putting it in water this will help it root, also just use rooting gel it’s easy and cheap and increases your chances of rooting big time.

Comment

• amy24
        amy24 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have some rooting powder but I really should try the gel! Thanks for the advice!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X