4th Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th Grow

After a few months off enjoying the buds from my last harvest, it’s time to start my 4th grow. I’ve only ever grown 2 strains as I’ve been living off my bud seed for the past 3 grows so I’m buzzed to grow all new beans! Consistently harvested over a pound last 3 grows so I’m hoping these strains also like my set up as much.

5 plants this grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Mimosa Orange Punch, Blue sunset sherbet, pineapple chunk and stardawg. All are from barneys except dawg, can’t remember the breeder of these as I’ve had them a while.

Growing in a coco/perlite mix. Using a cheap led for seedling and early veg stage in my veg tent. Will be under variable hps once transplanted.

Fantastic strains ya got going there MagicMike66 hope they preform well for ya.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hey MagicMike66 good to see you back in the grow! I have a little more than 2 months before I can drop a seed due to climate here. My very first harvest (6/1/21) was relaxing sleep med at best. Already know why and will correct. I'm thinking I can do an auto grow with photo seedling ready at harvest and repeat. I'd really like to build a decent stash for oil and hash. Maybe like Farmbuck I will try for some of that old 70's hash! Sorry for dreaming on your thread, lol!

Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Good for you sir TOKABIGONE !! Same here I'll wait for fall before I do another grow. I may even throw a few Red Lebanese beans for Hash, not the most potent compare to today's strains but hey I like the aroma and the taste of the old 70's.

Big tent’s been cleaned out and seedlings have been transplanted into their final pots (3gal fabric). Light switched to hps and set at 250w for now. If you zoom in you can just about see the plants 😂

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck and may big healthy plants be in your future

Sounds like a dessert menu to me. Be sure to brush your teeth after indulging so you don't get cavities.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• MagicMike66
        MagicMike66 commented
        Editing a comment
        I certainly will be overindulging on them in about 6 months time 😋

I’ve never really paid attention to the night time temps when I grow so this grow I’ve also added a day/night thermometer so I can monitor how it is.

Comment

Time for an update. I always find this the boring part of the grow where nothing really happens. Everything seems fine and growing well. Fed yesterday at half strength - only 1ltr of water per plant so not to soak the roots whilst they’re still bedding in. Couple more weeks and these will all be topped and start training them into the shape I want them to be

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          How long you going to veg these MagicMike66 ?

• MagicMike66
          MagicMike66 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing really set in stone, just gonna leave them and see how they go. I usually go for about 4 weeks veg but this time I think I’ll leave them a bit longer to open up the middle of the plants and get more light down inside.

Since feeding I’m starting to see some nice growth now. Took off a few huge fans today. Missed the smell of a fresh plant. Another couple of days and they’ll all be topped. Light has been increased to 400w as well

Comment

Few days since topping. I’ve got at least one fim (dawg). All responding well to training. Now it’s daily checks and tweaks to shape them before flipping in 2-3 weeks time

Comment

Plants starting to fill out now. Just waiting for a couple of the smaller ones to catch up then it’ll be flipping time soon. I thought I’d lost a top off the Mimosa Orange Punch but she’s repaired herself and seems to be starting to grow again. I almost gave up on it and pinched it off yesterday, glad I didn’t!

Comment

• panalilies
              panalilies commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you not worry about the plants' leaves touching each other? I feel like I baby my plants too much, I only do a couple at a time so they dont ever touch- but I would like to do more. I have a 4x4 tent, but only 2 plants in 3gal pots

• MagicMike66
              MagicMike66 commented
              Editing a comment
              Tbh not even once have I thought of that. Long as you give them plenty of good airflow you shouldn’t have any probs. I’ve done a small amount of defoliation by just removing huge fans at this stage. I found last grow that too much during veg can stunt them a bit so I tend to just leave them alone. Before I flip them they’ll get a heavy defol ready for flower

• panalilies
              panalilies commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the reply! Ill have to give more plants a go soon

Your tent is filling in nicely MagicMike66!
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• MagicMike66
              MagicMike66 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah coming along nicely now, thanks 👍🏻

Before and after defoliation before flipping to 12/12. Wanted to leave the pineapple chunk a bit longer to catch up but the others are getting too big. Hoping for just nice tops on these plants with no larf

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh boy what a good looking tent, great training this is gonna be fun to watch

• MagicMike66
              MagicMike66 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks So, I sure hope so too!

Loving these plants. Showing pistols yesterday, just 4 days from flip!! By far the fastest I’ve seen them coming in. Hopefully that’s a sign of a quick harvest 😋

Comment

The stretch has begun and first sign of little budlets forming today. Training has paid off as they’ve filled the tent nicely.

Comment

Getting super think in there Mike. Nice work on your training.
                5x5 Gorilla tent
                Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                Technaflora nutes
                Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X