Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You may ask yourself, how do I work this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may ask yourself, how do I work this?

Chewy is 8 weeks from being separated from its twin. The cat chewed it up, I'm trying to salvage something out of this auto grow that was supposed to be 3 Gelatos. I laid down branches from nodes 2 & 3 and the two stems where the cat topped her at node 4 (and bit off a branch), on 6/14. The tops have pairs of branches growing upward, and some new flowering near the end buds. Will the bottom branches do the same thing? Will these need to stay pinned/tied down or have I created some kind of hybrid training? Do I remove the new growth in the middle/by the stem, now? I really need to yield something from this one.

Runt: I can see through the stem, short branches and buds with hardly a pistil.

Lemon: I can see thru stem, it Has pistils, and I removed a few leaves after these pics

Runt & Lemon are 9.5 weeks old. Will these two stretch? Why would the runt's pistils disappear? Will it set a record for shortness? They both look like a 1/4 oz right now, soaking wet.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

I would'nt do nothing else to these seems like they have had it with the tied downs, if they were mine i would unhook them and let them finish without restraints. But i would not cut a single thing from them now.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok great !! Funny you are talking about Hash mon amie, I have close to 350 grams of nuggets(for me it's trimmings lolll) from my last grow, A bit of Mazar, Kali and ak-47. So I decided to grind it this morning and put it to the freezer for a few days, My next step will be sieving to collect the kief after... Well I'll let it aged for a while before making Hash. There is no substitute when it comes to artisanal hash making. I have to admit it takes time to produce it, but also good wines non? If all goes well I might get close to 28 grams of pure brownish concentrate product.

I used to go to Chicago for IT courses back in the old days so you don't need to answer me and I'll understand in respect of keeping your anonymity. Are you living close to Chicago Puglover1 ?

Oui on sais jamais où nos parcours nous amènerons hein ? Oh yes ta grammaire en français est superbe..!

I keep my colas on certain strains for top shelf "Hash" loll
      Last edited by Farmbuck; 06-24-2021, 09:47 AM.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 102 miles SW of the University of Chicago, south side/Hyde Park, I live 2 miles south of I-80, door-to-door is under two hours. To go to Rush, UIC, etc on the N side it could take 3 hours or more. I love being by Lake Michigan, I'd go out of my way to drive LSD then head home after partying and crashing at a friend's place overnight. When I was managing an amusement company I went to the distributor on Fullerton to pick out new games - pinballs, videos, etc. I know major cross streets and their #'s so I'm comfortable getting around in the City. Spent a long weekend there 4 years ago in the theatre district, Randolph St., for a pug rescue fundraising event. We did the Chicago River architectural cruise with only pugs and their owners on the boat. It was a beautiful clear blue sky Sunday morning, we went out into the Lake by the lighthouse and passed by Navy Pier. Most of the people I dealt with - Uber drivers, doormen - asked where I was from, I just mentioned Starved Rock State Park and over 50% knew where I lived near. This beautiful park on the IL River attracts more visitors each year than many national parks, they have signs on the Interstate when it's at capacity which happens often. Us locals go on weekdays, I grew up going there on my dad's houseboat.

I still have a jar of nice light tan kief from December in my freezer. Where Should I be keeping it? I had a compartment syndrome injury 20 years ago and got a bad staph infection from the hospital. I lost half of the muscle in my R forearm, can't bend my fingers nor raise that wrist upward; it WAS my dominant hand but now I'm a lefty. Thus my needing help with things that I could've done myself in the past. Also, I don't think I could roll hash into a temple ball nor work it with enough strength. Amazon had the puck press on sale the other day so I have that coming my way soon.

I still have the best buds from my first harvest - many, many thanks to Mr.furley - in jars. I'm still hoping to find someone to press some of it to see my yields and so that I can use it however I'd like. I'm coughing more from smoking the weed, before growing I bought vape cartridges from the dispensary and didn't cough much. I'm about to the point of having my nephew get me street cartridges for cheaper. I'm tired of selling my belongings to buy "medicine" because of our damn government and their BS about pain meds causing addiction, because of illicit drug overdoses. Our DEA has been crooked since the 1970's, they're the drug dealers, I'm just one of their victims. Even our Veterans with their numerous injuries and amputations can't get opiates at the Veterans Administration hospitals and clinics, many have killed themselves. Both of my parents were WWII vets, my mom was a WAC working in airfields around the US training pilots, as an air traffic controller. Only reason I'm glad they're dead is because I wouldn't want them suffering too.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal What I don't understand, because I'm a visual person, is that if the lower branches growing bud sites on the stems grow upward and probably inward, and if the two topped branches grow upward they have a bunch of new stems that will be facing toward the middle of the plant. Or do they somehow change positions? The growth by the bottom stem won't get light, won't that take away from the better buds on top? I only cut off bigger leaves growing downward or blocking bud sites, they're still growing 5-finger leaves. They were laid down last week, 7-8 days ago. They've grown out toward the pot edges, new bud sites and new stems growing like crazy.

The dwarves: I'm not training them. I used hooks that I received on June16th to pull out lower short stems for light and to try to not have a big bud full of mold. Should I just grow one-bud dwarves and hope for the best? The hooks are pulling lower stems outward, none are holding anything from growing upward, there's slack. I check the hooks and adjust them daily as new bud sites develop. They are all loose enough to grow upward, if they want. I'm only tilting them outward.

I agree with SoOrbudgal. Remove the ties and let it grow.
    it didn’t like the LST.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Chewy? It'd be an ugly mess if I didn't get it laid down and figured out. The cat really did a number on it at a very young age. The hooks are loose enough, I loosen them daily as it grows. The other two, I just hooked the lowers outward so they don't grow mold in the middle. Why do you say Chewy didn't like LST? I'm trying to learn, seriously. I'm growing nothing that I planned, because of dud seeds. Now these. Any idea on the run's pistils, or lack there of? Thnx.

Just take care of them like they are the best plants you've ever grown and they will give you some love back!

PS Puglover1, I remember you and panalilies were talking about Magnum, Canuck Seeds has Magnum auto fems. FYI 🙂
    Last edited by Catfish22; 06-23-2021, 12:52 PM.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi. I just don't understand the training and these are still growing new buds on the exposed lower branches. They're not totally bound, they have 'room' to grow upward but if I release the hooks and they shoot up the inside bud sites won't get much light. I check and adjust the hooks several times/day. Our IL fave is called Mag Landrace, not sure about Magnum but I'll look. I pulled a bud out of a jar last night, 6 months in there, it smelled divine. Think I'll go hit the bong. Thanks!

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hybid. "Magnum, also known as “Magnum OG,” is a rare evenly balanced hybrid (50% indica/50% sativa) strain created through a mysterious cross of powerful indicas and sativas and a touch of ruderalis. It is thought to be a mix of OG Kush and perhaps AK-47, although nobody can be certain due to breeder secrecy."

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Illinois found this Iranian landrace and I don't know what they're going to do with Mag Landrace, formerly called Mag Mile (Chicago reference) - keep it in IL? No seeds sold anywhere? It's a winner, 2020 IL High Times Cannabis Cup.

BU2B do you have any advice to share on the chewed up/laid down plant above? Or any of the three? I'm about to put them outside to fry, or just throw them away and sell my equipment. Having a rough time and my issue(s)/questions aren't on the site. My life is an enigma, don't why I expect anything different after 65 long, miserable years. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Puglover1, I released my manifold ties at switch thinking they might need some freedom for stretch (my avatar is one of them). After 2 weeks, the horizontal mains were up at 30 degrees with colas bending inward and lower sites were getting shaded. I pulled the colas out to 45 degrees to open the middle. Dozens of small lower buds swelled to ping pong to golf ball size. Works for me! Ladies seemed much happier that way.

Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks TOKABIGONE. Chewy is an auto but same principle. I have nothing 'bound down' just loosely nudged to separate a mess. I can take the loose hooks off of the two top "horizontal mains' the two top branches where the cat topped the plant at node 4. The lower branches would lose light on the budding inner stems if I let them try to grow up right now, they'd just have buds on the ends. Or I could cut 'em off and have two top branches growing stems, however many develop.

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I looked at your avatar. I could do that with the two topped stems and delete the bottom branches. Maybe it would make the new stems grow bigger faster.?

Are y'all saying that I should have let it grow like pic #3 instead of what I did in pic #4?

Comment

Well those are some damn petite autos for sure. I just don't get autos...
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I would say let it grow madame..!
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I will keep them alive. The growing part is out of my hands, monsieur. I've either got the shortest or the longest-growing autos ... hoping they grow longer, and taller, I can wait. Hooks have been off for 2 days, they are 6" long and were barely touching the soil. Now I have to wait for them to grow enough to train outward, they're already closing in on the middle.

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok mon amie Puglover1 but don't stress them too much. How's the pistil formation ? Any trichies yet on the sugar leaves ?
            Last edited by Farmbuck; 06-26-2021, 07:42 PM.

Opinions please: no hooks for 48 hours, improvement??

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            The plants are looking better, the pug looks excellent. He made me laugh out loud.

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Has nothing to do with what item you are using for the LST.
            It just stressed the plant way more than is should. And I have a little bit of the same experience with autos. I started to early and it stunned my autos..

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            First wires of any type were applied on June 8. The dwarves sprouted on Apr 11; the NL twins, now Chewy, were separated on May the 4th (be with you)

Farmbuck Canuck suggested I remove the two top aging leaves on the runt, did that a week ago. Went to close that closet door and my eye saw something white, scared me so I took a pic, it's below.

Comment

Well !! Well she is frosting. I Kool !! Happy for ya !!
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              The frost on top has disappeared. The new growth that's hidden inside has frost though. Very strange plant.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LiamPussyHat.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	536.0 KB
ID:	522765Click image for larger version

Name:	LiamCurtainDress.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	522766
            I ran across these last night, had to share. The curtain rod came straight down and got stuck in his tripled-curled tail. Someone made me the pussy hat before I got the cat.

alltatup One winter Saturday he was barking at the FedEx delivery man, the curtains came down and shrouded him. Looked like he was wearing a drapes-dress, like Gone With The Wind, to him it was normal. He got his head stuck in an empty can twice the other day, then I started a video. He is a trip.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cQEVuoLZw0
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Puglover1; 06-28-2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Too cute and too intelligent!!!

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Puglover1 I watched the videos the other day: he was too cute and smart with the popcorn cup. Animals are probably much smarter than humans.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X