Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

@panalilies - Did you escape the tornado last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@panalilies - Did you escape the tornado last night?

Thinking about you up there. Also, how're things growing? Great, I hope!
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Hey! My basement had some flooding, according to my BF. I slept thru everything that happened, except waking up to close the windows when the rain started. Im thankful for these cool days coming, turns out our AC had no freon. Our unit is 40 years old too so we have a new unit being put in Tuesday. I think things are going well on the growing side, kinda slow. No buds starting to form yet. I watered them yesterday, but Ill post some pictures when the lights come on at 5. How are your babies looking? Just fattening up?
    FLOWERING:
    Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
    Mother Earth Groundswell Soil
    Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
    GH Flora Trio
    EnjoYield 1000W LED Grow Light 3x3ft with Timer Dimmable
    Current Grow: GC-Critical Purple Auto x2, ILGM- AH x2, NL x1

Comment

I had fallen asleep on the couch watching TV, got up to move to bed after midnight, the dogs wouldn't go outside bc of the hard rain. I let them out around 3 am, checked the closet, it was in the upper 60's so I turned off the tower fan and left a door ajar. At 10 am it was 84F in there, and chilly outside. I took my garbage & recycling taken out, neighbor picking up sticks and branches, I don't have much left to lose after two storms 10 years apart.

Glad you have a new AC unit coming tomorrow. I think my clothes dryer is on its way out but the AC is more important right now. I need to water/feed plants today, they're hot & thirsty. Here is this morning - two dwarfs with hard buds on top, and Chewy who I laid down and is growing new shoots like crazy, needs some 'plucking'. Click image for larger version

Name:	Jun21Trio.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	521660Click image for larger version

Name:	Jun21Chewy1.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	521661Click image for larger version

Name:	Jun21Chewy2.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	521662

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Canuck147 Should I remove the new growth on the lower branches and by the stem? I saw a crack just R of center, on top. Should I tape it or let it self heal? TY!

And the cat keeps drinking the water I set out to dechlorinate. Disregard the mail mess and ... Christmas cards Click image for larger version

Name:	CatDrinking.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	810.4 KB
ID:	521666

Comment

panalilies Check out this tree in Naperville. Usually only happens with saturated ground, we were in a mini drought. Click image for larger version

Name:	NapervilleTornado.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	521692

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          We are under our first tornado watch here in Ottawa. Two weather fronts are about to collide this evening. From a hot humid 32C this aft to a 9C tonight.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Went from humid 90's to beautiful 70's and dry today. Tonight the forecast low is 49F. I see that you're in the red zone, Farmbuck. Good luck, stay safe!

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Well one hit north of Ottawa last night. Several millions $ in dommage and the sad part one died and several injured. Damn !! Here we go again.

Glad all are well at this point. Be careful and listen to emergency radio. i decided to drive long haul for a few years as a break from business world. Drove thru tornado alley in Oklahoma many times.and it was awful to see sometimes Square miles of homes both manufactured and stick built all flattened or just gone. Driving a big rig with 53 ft trailer, 80k lbs and double bunk sleeper cab late at night through wind, driving rain, lightening and the radio screaming at me "tornado on the ground!" was a bit unnerving to say the least. Many times had to find a rest stop or even an off ramp to stop, crawl in the back and put a pillow over my head, lol. Took me 7 years to figure out it wasn't fun anymore. eeesshh! Hunker down Farmbuck duck !!!
        Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 06-21-2021, 06:04 PM.
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          TOKABIGONE I don't think I'd put in a claim to get $700 paid, after the deductible. In 2010 my deductible was $500 for a bow echo/derecho that hit my block bad, big trees on every house, I could only escape via the back man door in the garage. After that they changed the minimum deductible to $1K. Last August I got hit by an IL hurricane, that's how the TV weathermen described it as it was heading my way. My video looks like it was from someone in Florida on their balcony, trees bending in half, raining in bands, sheared off my pergola top, jacked up the fencing & double gate, started rotation, tornadoes as it headed east. Two derechos,10 years apart, I still don't have repairs started on last year's. I was hesitant to file another claim because of the premiums but I had to after I finally got an estimate, which doesn't include my screwed up basement. A dr appt the next day cost me a year, so many people had damage all contractors were booked through winter, people were calling here from an hour west. There was the shortage of treated lumber, and two local contractors bought up all available roofing shingles. My goddaughter works for a contractor, couldn't get me an estimate. Their heavy-duty commercial vinyl fencing was flattened, I'm trying to do metal this time on a short sloping run, wind goes through that better. I need 6' high because of wildlife and a min. 6' wide gate for the lawnmowerman's rider. I saw a big doe three days in a row eating mulberries from my tree in the cul-de-sac this past weekend, and watched where she returned to the ravine. I had 2"x4"x 6 ft welded wire fencing around the irregular ravine edge, I can't even source it right now. Going to look at McMaster-Carr next for ideas, they seemed to sell anything & everything when I worked for a place that made containment products for the nuclear industry. Have you been through haboobs out there?

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Puglover1, Hi, Yeah I know, I pay $950 for a year of home ins so I have the privilege of paying another $1000 every time something happens. I don't however complain too loudly as ins has paid out over a mil and a half for my broken body...accidents and heart surgery. Pay or die I guess.
          Yeah I've been thru a couple haboobs when I was at my daughters in Phoenix. No matter how tight your house is sealed there is fine dust over everything after.

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmbuck, I do believe in global warming but not for the reasons the politicians are claiming. We are 4000 years overdue for another ice age. This may be just the beginning. Sorry everyone for the doom and gloom. It's in Gods hands!

Bon jour Farmbuck I had a dr appt in Chicago which is 100 NE of me, just got home. Sorry to hear that it hit your area, and about the fatality. Tornadoes don't usually happen in November but on Nov 17, 2013 a town an hour south of me got half wiped out by an EF5. It skipped around a few other towns, people north of Chicago were finding belongings, photos, memories and posting them on FB to try to give the victims something back. In 2004 a local small town got really hit bad, people in a trailer park went to an old stone building's basement for safety, the building collapsed killing nine people. Volunteers dug sandstone for days to get to the bodies. That town and my town are on the IL River, we were always led to believe that the river protected us from tornadoes. It doesn't.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X