• Show
Clear All

Drooping?

Lemon kush,
    LED 450w.
    seedling soil and transferred to coco.
    ff grow big
    Not overwatered
    They did have a 3 day window a couple days ago where I left with timers and the heater for the room was on am not pm. But never dropped below 65.. I have 2 of these and they won't stand up.
    oh and 1st time grower and at training lol..
    Attached Files

Hey OTL, they look FANTASTIC to me!! They don't look droopy: the leaves are healthy, vigorous, gorgeous.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• OregonTentLife
      OregonTentLife commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.. This one and her sister were given to me as seedlings .. I have 3 crazy miss Hyde and a blue dream under the led. The 2 lush get some led light sitting at the end but I hung a cfl a piece down over these and they are doing well first issue I've had.
      They just got new homes today too !! Ill put pics up later. Still a little droopy but they have picked up

Probly from the Lst.

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
      Jibblerjoe commented
      Editing a comment
      They do look healthy.

Plants look great. Get some kind of support stick to help stand 'em up.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

It may sound "unscientific" but I've seen plants used to the daily attention kinda bum down when left alone for several days. Love is an actual factor I believe. We just don't have a way to measure it

Comment

• OregonTentLife
        OregonTentLife commented
        Editing a comment
        I couldn't agree more 😀 I talk to them and tell them how good they look a lot lol

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        They have done experiments showing how plants react to kindness and how they react to anger...I've got some links posted somewhere on this forum...But I feel the "measure" is how my plants look and grow, and their energy.

They look healthy to me too. except they do seem a bit droopy. They should be standing up tall with their leaves reaching for the light. It could be from the LST_if so they should recover soon. If the coco is dry on the top 1" and you're getting good runout after watering then you shouldn't have an overwatering issue, I'd think. They're nice and green and the leaves look healthy so probably not any nutrient issues either. I have a younger plant that looks similar but only after the lights have been on for 12 hrs or so. Otherwise it looks good in the morning.
      All I know for sure is that this seems to happen every day and is OK by the morning_ the other plant_ same strain, same everything is fine_ go figure ?
      I've moved the plant into the corner where it will get less direct light and am trying to get the temp to 68-72 degrees at night and 72-78 during the day when the lights are on. It was climbing to a bit over 80 degrees for 4 hrs a day. Try raising your lights a bit, or watering with less water but more often. Watch em carefully and see what happens. If you cut stems or large leaves and notice water leaking out from the cut then tape it off if you can. Or at least water lightly again a few hours later. Whatever it is its probably related to an environmental issue since it seems to be happening to both plants at the same time. Try one thing at a time so you can get a better idea of what might be causing it. They look nice otherwise so hopefully they'll grow out of it soon, recover and provide an awesome harvest!
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Did you take this picture right before the lights went out? It's normal for plants to droop right before lights out. They actually start perking up right as the lights go on, too I posted a timelapse video below to show you what I mean.

It's possible the plants didn't respond well to the cold. Are they up off the floor? I've noticed plants seem to hate when their roots get cold. Also, how far away is your LED grow light from the top of the plants?

Overall they look great!

Comment

• OregonTentLife
          OregonTentLife commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool video. And thank you! One of them has bounced back, the other is perked up. I have them off the floor about 2 inches on something with lots of holes. I'm pretty sure it was the extra heat and colder temp when the lights were out. Only a couple days that way. I they to average 18 to 20 inches for the led.

• yamiacaveman
          yamiacaveman commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey NebulaHaze, Interesting video -- but now i have to wonder, why? Internal clock type of thing, or are the girls saying they had enough sun for today and shutting down? Or do they become trained after being on a schedule for a period of time?

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          It's an internal clock. Plants actually follow circadian rhythms, just like people. Imagine how some people always get up right before their alarm goes off. If you turn off the light altogether, plants still open and close their leaves in the dark because they "expect" the light at certain times. If you change their morning/night times, it takes a few days for the plant to adjust to a new light schedule.

As far as why they put their leaves up and down, this is actually somewhat of a mystery, though there are lots of theories. Some scientists believe it may help protect the plant from cold and/or dew. Some believe it saves energy to lower the leaves at night since the plant doesn't have to "hold up" its leaves, wasting precious extra energy. I bet it's a combination of a bunch of things. But most importantly, it's normal and nothing to be alarmed of

They got new homes and I want to flip in two weeks about.. I could wait longer too but I don't want to get carried away my 1st grow lol
        Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          All I can say is, WOW.

Is that a good wow lol..

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          That is an EXCELLENT wow!!

My only question is regarding fans. Do you happen to have fans hitting the plants directly? I had a grow where everything was great in early veg except one of three plants was drooping overnight. It turned out a fan was hitting that one plant a bit too strongly for the young plant. I moved the flow from the fan to go over the plant, not at it. Drooping went away within a day. Good luck!
        4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          Great point!

• OregonTentLife
          OregonTentLife commented
          Editing a comment
          I do but those vortex fans suck for a wide airflow. My stems and stalk are super thick from keeping my fan close. Especially right after topping young. Just thickened everything up. I was trying to follow the scrog tutorial on this site. I still can. I hope Lol.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X