Spotted leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotted leaves

You can probably tell I am a first time grower.
    I am asking lots of rookie questions. I find this group is very knowledgeable.

I have 10 good size plants with several that all of a sudden started getting spotted leaves, any ideas what causes this and if it’s any thing to worry about, see attached pic.

another question regarding feeding your plants, I have heard conflicting info on this. Is it ok to fertilize with miracle grow during the veg stage?

Welcome Bgray88 , All I can say is NO to the MG fert! Find a cannabis specific fert for best results. MG is not formulated for pot so you have a nute problem. If you were indoor, I would say a pH is off but not in the ground. Someone will be along soon with a better answer I'm sure. Good Luck!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

What is the PH levels in the soil? And In the water you give them ?
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

I am not sure on the PH level, we have well water but I try not to use it to much, has lots of minerals. I have been collecting rain water for that.

Comment

Will definitely stop using MG, just need to spend the money on some good fertilizer, any recommendations and how often is it recommended to feed

Comment

I'm indoor so I won't advise on nutes for plants in ground but someone will soon I'm sure. Now about your watering. Please get a pH meter or test strips so you can check and adjust to between 5.5 to 6.5 and it can vary but your water going in should be adjusted to that range. When you feed put your nutes in and then check pH as they will change it. Most will alternate feed then plain pH water the next time. Also believe it or not the minerals in your well water may be just what they need at this point. You may not even need any fert or nutes in the ground if your pH is correct. I am not by any means an expert but I have read and reread the tutorials until my eyes bleed and they are a real help. Again good luck growing!
            Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
            Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
            Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
            Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
            Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
            i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
            My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
            make pH correction unnecessary
            Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
            8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
            Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
            Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Good advice will definitely do that on PH test

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X