Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Afghan Auto Flowering? Should I defol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Afghan Auto Flowering? Should I defol?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6750.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	4.60 MB
ID:	520945Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6751.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	520946 My Northern Lights babies cracked after my afghans and have been flowering for about two weeks. I started to wonder if I needed manipulate the lights to get the afghans to bloom but it appears they are starting right?

Those are flowers right? Not as obvious as the NLs were. I took off all the big fan leaves that were touching or blocking light from lower parts of the plant but they are both still bushy as heck.

Any advice on defoliating them more?
    Last edited by Dannyboy58; 06-17-2021, 08:58 AM.
    Danny

Lovin' life...

Grow System:
    DIY RDWC built in 10 gal tote container
    Vipar Spectra p2000 LED full spectrum light
    Vent fan w/carbon filter and assorted fans, airpump, dehumidifiers, etc
    2x4 grow tent

Current Grow: TOO MUCH

made the newb mistake of starting too many plants in my system. 2 Northern Lights autos and 2 Afghans autos

She is flowering !!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

They are indeed young ladies coming onto flower.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Dannyboy58
        Dannyboy58 commented
        Editing a comment
        you sir have a way with words...they're not those kind of girls I'll have you know...yet...

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Dannyboy58 It's ok Dad I was not casting aspersions upon their character....just be sure to lock their door and load your shotgun, lol!

defoliate lower sections. just remember fan leaves are the light collectors so don't take too many away
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

She's stretching today too. I lightened her and her younger sis (just a couple days behind and showing flower) up a bit but tried not to be heavy handed. Not much aroma from her and no frosty sugar leaves yet They'll have to be fragrant to be noticed because the NLs are filling the tent with their pheromones. They're all drinking and eating heavily now too. pH was way down today and TDS had dropped. I put 1 1/2 gals into the res tonight with some bloom nutrients and hydroguard. I took quite a bit of small stuff off the lower limbs on the Afg because I didn't think they'd mature to anything. Tried not to make the plants see through but open them up for the viable buds. When I closed the tent I told myself no more clipping until harvest but we'll see...

I have to admit the changing leaves on the NLs are kinda freaking me out. I know it's part of the process as the buds pull sugar from them but it just feels weird.
        Danny

Lovin' life...

Grow System:
        DIY RDWC built in 10 gal tote container
        Vipar Spectra p2000 LED full spectrum light
        Vent fan w/carbon filter and assorted fans, airpump, dehumidifiers, etc
        2x4 grow tent

Current Grow: TOO MUCH

made the newb mistake of starting too many plants in my system. 2 Northern Lights autos and 2 Afghans autos

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X