• Show
Clear All

Ever tried this, will it work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BREAK.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	520829

Anyone ever try this fix? Recently stretched. Stem got broken in a move. The stem was hollow and brittle but still hanging on. I taped it up. Will it survive to produce buds? Time will tell...
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Yes, if it was still hanging on it should heal up and be fine. I had a recent break that was completely through and in an awkward place that didn’t take but most times a bit of tape (or even just well supported) will do the trick. You will see a knob form over the next little while and then good as new.

EDIT if you want to learn more search for supercropping on GWE

Comment

I was under the impression that super-cropping was best for plants that are still in veg. These are just completing their bloom stretch.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I have done supercropping in mid flower and late flower with good success. Shouldn’t be a problem
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Oh man i had a monster outdoor main stem break just like yours mid to late flower. Did just fine and don't remove that tape. Try an get some grafting plant tape at anyplace that carries garden stuff.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey @SoOrbugal, save Your money, a 'Bubba' fix, a straightened out paper clip and some silver duct tape, works just as well as the pricey stuff! LOL!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X