Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flowering stage - how dark does dark need to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering stage - how dark does dark need to be?

Recently started some plants in backyard garden for the first time. (vs indoor hydro).
    growing like crazy. But there is a streetlight just behind the fence so there is light throughout the night.
    Doesn't shine directly on them but its not completely dark either.
    Concerned this will impact the flowering stage.
    Thots?

No worries. They’ll do fine. I grow outdoors and have light contamination all the time.

Comment

There's a lot of bro science surrounding this topic where they freak out over a couple of pin holes in a tent. I quit using a tent and grow in a spare room. With the lights off its really dark but not pitch black but is dark enough where I cant see where I'm walking to get out of the room. Even growing outdoors plants face some light. Full moons, lighting, headlights from cars. Not Shining directly on them, but its enough to see the plants. Ive grown plants near street lights and had no issues. The darker the better of course but some occasional dim light thats not directed at your grow isn't gonna hurt anything.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        True. It’s all about the difference between light and dark. If you grow in a closet with a couple of house bulbs then a little bit of light may screw it up. But when you growing under the scorching sun all day light contamination is not enough to compare to sunlight so the plant is not confused at all

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        I opened mine briefly a few times when I needed to during dark time at night so reduced light got in. No issue.

Have you ever read the Amazon reviews where people give 1 star to a tent that has a few pin holes? There's no way that those pin holes will impact that grow at all

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback.

Comment

I use tents (pinholes and all) inside a room that stays dark when I'm not in it and I've never had an accidental reveg.
          Coconut Grove
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X