First time growing tips and pointers and experiences appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First time growing tips and pointers and experiences appreciated

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/5DjpBUo" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/5DjpBUo">First ind</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/5DjpBUo" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/5DjpBUo">First ind</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Running two set ups one indoor one outdoor

Indoor set up
    2 grow tegrow 2x2x4 and 2x4x5
    600w led grow lights full spectrum red blue white,
    1000w led frelich grow light
    ​​​​2x ( 24hr timer)
    Co2 canister
    4inch carbon filter with 4inch air intake fan
    Using it for both tents with a vent for fresh air used a t connector duct to bring it all together.
    using Honeywell 16 inch vortex fan
    and another 4 inch air intake fan
    Growing blue dream, wedding crasher, purple mendo breath, and jelly rancher.

This Is not an advertisement BTW just personal experience
    Got everything from Amazon prime really cheap and really fast
    advice use the search filter to select prime delivery and search price from low to high to get the cheapest fastest deals sometimes you get lucky and they have upto an extra 30% off on select items. And if you are not satisfied they happily exchanged and refund items.

Outside small walk-in greenhouse
    3x4x7
    Honeywell 16 inch vortex fan
    45 w led grow light
    24hrTimer
    Growing Blueberry Cupcake don't know it's genetics and can't find it picked up a clone at my local dispensery. Only thing that's pops up is Blueberry muffin. If I were gonna guess I would say it's a cross between Blueberry and wedding cake.

My first time growing indoors with clones and I gotta say far less of a headache when dealing with seeds

I just got burned by seedsman.com . They are willing to make it right but I don't except the terms. I'll discuss in detail what happened in a bit.

Back on subject.

I started this grow 4/20/21

I veg'd too long for the inside plants now they are really close to the grow lights at least two of them nearly touching the lights any tips or suggestions to keep them at bay would be greatly appreciated.

all of them started inside the one I put outside out grew the tents rather quickly. In my smallest tent I have seedlings some autos lemon, nyc diesel, and jack herer the jack herer seed came cracked and it hasn't popped germinated for 24 hrs and been sitting in Rockwood in a seed incubator for 48 hrs gonna wait a a few days then scrap it. I ordered my seeds from seedsman because they have a stellar reputation. But my experience told me a different story. I place my first order everything was fine package arrived in 3.5 weeks with 6 freebie seeds 3 lemon and 3 nyc diesel autos i was happy that my order came I placed three more orders the week following. Looking at the freebies onlybtwo were good one from each strain all the others were duds but they were freebies so nbd however it me curious about they quality of the other seeds I ordered only the zkittlez auto was up to par the jack herer seed was tiny and cracked it . And the strawberry cheese cake seed was also extremely tiny. When I complained to seedsman they got defensive and said the seeds were indoor seed that's why they are small and that the size of the seed won't effect its viability. collecting and buying seed along time I usually do outdoor grows with direct sowing and I usually germinate seeds at an 80% rate. I think I know a thing or two about quality. They refused to replace freebies and ask for the order number and seeds affected I gave them that info and they kept asking me to repeat myself. I asked for a refund and for then to cancel my other orders. They refused and said other orders already shipped. I ask for tracking numbers on shipped items they never responded it's the weekend so I give then the benefit of the doubt they said I can send back the other packages once they come but here's my issue with that they took my order and shipped it to the American hub which sends it out so the discreet shipping is a scam for extra money but I paid for it since it comes with insurance I had been reading that people placing orders with out it we're not getting their orders. Long story short they sent me bogus seeds they attempted to make it right but were kinda prickish in their response and the amount of effort you have to put in to get a refund is not worth it so 400 lesson learned I will not using them again. They still haven't sent any tracking info and I decided not to give them a second chance because they totally played me and I am not the only one..

Moving forward gonna stick with clones

Tips for buying quality affordable seeds appreciated

Attached Files

Yes clones can get wild new growth more work but i really don't mind tending an pruning making them conform to what you want to see. Anyway i like New420guys seed USA in Nevada. He doesn't carry huge amounts but i like him for quick ship an take cash ( at your own risk hide it well ) personel checks an other ways. Never ever got scammed. But i do alot of clones just for money savers and i enjoy those strains i clone.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I do a few clones too, Like SoOrbudgal said, Paul has good seed, some are his own strains. For some hard to find seed I went to OldschoolBA (in Canada), sent a personal check got free seed as well (for the paid order) fast and friendly service. I recently purchased from Greybeards right here in Oklahoma, while Paul was mostly sold out (Sorry Paul) Greybeards had plenty of stock, fast shipping and great germination (so far 100%)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X