Reaching for the light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaching for the light

A question for the growers. Most of us have seen a seedling stretch and reach for the light, particularly if the light is insufficient. When a plant transitions from veg to bloom, they stretch. If a plant is coming into bloom but does not have adequate light (as in under powered), Will the bloom stretch be larger and cause the plants to be taller and more elongated than normal also?
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Most likely the bloom stretch will be quite limited.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Stretching during bloom because of inadequate power or spectrum of light will negatively affect quality and quantity because the plant will be scrawny.
      Any plant.

Comment

Ya, the answer is I need a better light. Trying to bloom in a veg tent isn't working all that well. Just wondering because all the plants in that tent are very tall and skinny.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

A good light is key to a good harvest. You can figure 1 gram per actual watt roughly when growing cannabis. I found a company here in the USA that makes the best lights on the Market in my opinion. They're ergonomic meaning you can add to them if u want to upgrade. You wont have to buy a new rig. Customer service is phenomenal and 3 year warranty. They're on sale too. Growcraft ChilLED Tech are amazing lights. No par fall off on outter edges no hot spots they run extremely cool and will make monster buds

Comment

If your in Canada look up quick grow lights or QG lights there not cheap but there a game changer.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X