Any Bruce Banner Experts Out There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Bruce Banner Experts Out There?

One of the star players in my first autoflower grow is Bruce Banner (BB) from ILGM. BB is a sativa dominate hybrid of OG Kush and Strawberry Diesel that is known for high THC content and that famous sativa buzz. I figured that getting a couple oz of that goodness in a ten week auto grow would be a treat.

BB sprouted first leaves and was transplanted with super soil into a 5 gal pot in early April, along with Gorilla Glue and Girl Scout Cookies autoflowers. The grow went smoothly under a combination of sunlight (on clear days) and 350 watts of LED when it was cold and inclement. BB showed some hermi tendencies and produced a few "Bananas" in week eight that I promptly removed. I also moved BB outside to avoid any accidental pollenization of the other plants. Basically the other Girls kicked Bruce out of the grow room!

I'm soliciting advice from experienced BB growers because I've never seen anything like the buds that BB is producing. She doesn't look anything like the BB pics I've seen elsewhere. As you'll see in the attached pics, BB is making beautiful colas with dark purple collars and solid sticky buds. The trichomes are like nothing I've ever seen: some of the heads are huge and crystal clear, other trichs are a deep purple color and cloudy. The pistils are more like spikes than hairs and they are just beginning to turn orange/brown at the very tips.

We're heading into week ten now and the other autos are days away from harvest. BB doesn't look close.

Anybody have a guess as to what comes next with this odd and beautiful plant?
    My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
    I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
    Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

That's way more purpling than I ever got with my BB (ILGM fems)! Maybe it's the auto genetics, but mine tended to want to grow tall and run all over the tent and that one is pretty reserved. Buds weren't very dense but plentiful. Smoke was a touch chocolatey and recommended for afternoon use or for pain. The one common thing for sure here is the long flower time. I managed to get BB to finish about the same time as other varieties indoors by having the lights timed from dawn to dusk and the date set for October. Watch the trichs, BB keeps putting out white stigmas until the end.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F34FCF9A-A001-4E71-8CAD-319C215C5655.jpeg
Views:	803
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	520100 I’ve only grown Bruce B photos and they’ve always been super dense green buds cover in orange pistols. But remember the last Pineapple Chunk I grew all pink and purple? I haven’t seen any other PC plants online that had that kinda color nor any of the others I grew before that one. The taste and buzz is just like all the others I’ve grown though. That will be the test with Bruce. Bruce B is super pungent, by now your filter inside probably wasn’t helping much with her anyways. She freaking stinks!!!! And soon as you hit it, straight diesel. Good buzz, glues you to the ceiling for about 10min then it’s just a good full on high with no after effects.
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 06-13-2021, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Gracias Bboy, that is one glorious nugget, an inspiration I can use right now! Lookin forward to that rush.

I have yet to find any other pic of a vividly purple BB. Go figger! The only idea I've had was that she spent half of her life under LED and the other half under the big yellow Guy in the Sky.
      Last edited by grouchyoldman; 06-13-2021, 07:03 PM.

Got one growing now, that's my experience with it in total. Can see pics if you want to compare in the show yer grow or the trees one. She's top right in the planting area. That does look pretty as hell!
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

I had a BB4 photo turn purple in the cold air this spring, luvely, and the only BB autos I have done were created here, ripening now. I luv this strain for its affect on spinal pain, start of my day.

Comment

• grouchyoldman
        grouchyoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Rwise, your advice is always useful. When you harvested BB4, was she still producing white pistils? What were the trichomes doing?

As bboyfromwayback suggested, I'm ignoring them for now and watching the trichs. First amber appeared yesterday.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X