Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 post I thought of Tuesday in 1

Pictures are posted in order they were taken
    Post 1 A mystery: Needed to tear down the tote from the Bubblelicious harvest once everything was removed except flush solution I see the little metal rod in picture 1 laying in bottom of the tote. Could not think of where it would have come from so I grabbed a pic to ask about it here and moved on. It came to me to check the pump while cleaning in the grow room. Found it was the rod the impeller rotates on must have come out when I was changing the pump filter.
    Post 2 Plant Yo-Yo's: While retracting the plant YO-YO's I remembered one of our members saying getting them out was a good thing. At first it struck me as odd. They're always out then I realized they probably meant being used. Figured I would show what i came up with to hang my Yo-Yo's from. I put eye bolts in the side walls and ran ratchet cords like ones lights hang from across the back and the front. I then took mini bungee cords and ran the front to back from eye bolts on each side and between the 3 lights. While retracting them one decided it didn't want to fully retract had this happen once before so knew how to fix it and figured I could make a post that may help our members. If you have a Yo-Yo that wont fully retract pull it out a few inches and lock it. Find a small item tooth pick safety pin or other such item I just happen to always have nail clippers in my pocket that's why its pictured. Rest the Yo-Yo in palm of your hand and use thumb and forefinger to hold string fish the string out of the Yo-Yo then just wind it around till till its to short to go around again. Then just pull the hook till there is no slack inside and release lock and it is done.
    Post 3 My Procrastination Problem and How I Deal with IT: I Do Not Like Cleaning. That being said I always clean anything that is a health, possible rot or safety issue promptly. Once the tote from Mondays was broke down I looked at the items in the bucket and decided I would let cleaning them wait, hell I'll have twice as much on Sunday and can do it all at one time then. Needed to setup and run the shop vac in grow room to clean up leaves and what not that the box fans blow behind my setup. Setup the vac and decided I really didn't want to listen to it right then. Looking for something else to do I see 2 cases of new jars that hadn't been weighed and had tares wrote on them. Once they were done I check my cabinet knowing I had moved some in there a couple of weeks back. I found 3 with out tares a 2 that needed tape over the tare to keep it from wiping off. Found I still wasn't ready to call it a day so went in a vacuumed the room found 4 or 5 dead spiders guess there wasn't anything to eat. What I've found is if I blow something off it wont bother me as long as I did something productive in it's place.

Poppa I think I mentioned the yo-yos, I meant that needing to use them was a good thing. I took mine down because the braided jute I strung around my closet stretched out. I hope to need them again.

I procrastinated combining my jars tonight, weighing and marking them. Instead I got high and watched videos of people smoking bongs on reddit, you got me beat on productivity, hands down.

Question: When you empty jars of weed after usage and see a bunch of very tiny goodies stuck to the inside of said jar what do You do?

Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Poppa
      Poppa commented
      Editing a comment
      Currently I am leaving it stuck to the inside. I have also let it build up on the inside of the bucket I trim the leaf I keep to make hash from. Sometime in next month or so I plan on ordering a Source Extractor and will be making a run down I-69 to IN and get a case of Ever Clear. Plan is to try and dissolve it at some point with the alcohol to see if I can get a 2 for one. Clean containers and oil. As for productivity my kid says my mind doesn't work like normal peoples and that I have ADHD & OCD. I have a innate need to do something productive every day. Birthdays & Holidays to me are just another day, I once changed the heater core in my truck on Christmas day before getting together with family.

I think everyone growing on a tight budget eventually learns how to fix a yoyo - I know I've had to rewind a few of mine. Congrats on the cleaning diligence too!

Re jars - I don't weigh my grows ever because I don't have to and don't want a scale near my stash so no suspicion of dealing. I also leave whatever kief decides to stick to the jar in the jar until it's thick enough to warrant removal and use. It may take a few years more of growing to get there but the idea of aged and blended free hash sounds cool.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X