Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I be worried about the amount of leaves that have died off in the last 4 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I be worried about the amount of leaves that have died off in the last 4 days?

My plants are nearing the end of flowering I believe. I'm thinking just 2 or 3 weeks til harvest based on how many pistils have been turning color. Day time temp is probably about 84 Fahrenheit with about 43% RH Night time is 78 Fahrenheit at about 46% RH. PH of runoff is about 6.5 according to color chart for strips. I run a humidifier while the lights are on but turn it off before lights out to make sure it doesn't get too humid in the dark hours. Anyway, I have lost a decent amount of leaves over the past 4 days but flowers still seem to be growing okay. I was wondering if this looks like a normal amount of leaves to lose while nearing the end of flowering due to nutrients being used up elsewhere or if I should be diagnosing potential threats? I haven't seen any critters in there and there doesn't seem to be any fungi when I look closely.
    - 4'x4'x6.5' tent
    - 2 Cookiedawg, 2 Ice Cream Punch, all photoperiod, Sprouted Jan 25th
    - 5 gallon fabric pots raised about 1.5" for airflow and easy runoff cleanup
    - 2 spider farmer SF2000 at 85% 2ft over front plants much closer to back plants
    - Soil is FF Ocean Floor bottom 1/2 or so and top is FF Happy Frog
    - Water in veg was about 6.6PH and 78 degrees Fahrenheit, 6.3PH for flowering
    - RH usually around 50% Temp ranging from 78 Fahrenheit to 83 Fahrenheit
    - 6" Oscillating fan clipped to tent pole for air flow within tent
    - 6" carbon filter and fan for exhaust, 4" carbon filter and fan for intake​

I'm a photo grower but I'll hazard a guess or two. Your plants appear healthy for maturing plants but I believe you are further from harvest than you think. Your buds are still forming with lots of pistols so I wouldn't get to excited yet. Continue your routine for feed and don't let them dry out yet. Below is one week before my recent harvest at 22 weeks. During that week almost all the sugar leaves dried brown and curled in on the buds
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

TOKABIGONE I was using FF Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom but I accidentally made the soil a bit hot a few weeks ago and have been using just water since. I was thinking of adding 1/8th the normal amount with the next watering but was worried that harvest might not be far off. You think im probably good to go back to adding nutes though?
      - 4'x4'x6.5' tent
      - 2 spider farmer SF2000 at 85% 2ft over front plants much closer to back plants

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        I do but let's wait till am so SoOrbudgal or another auto expert has a chance to chime in here. Good Luck!

• SleepyTibbs
        SleepyTibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        TOKABIGONE lol dont worry I wasn't going to be too hasty, wont be watering until tomorrow night or the following morning. Thanks for your response by the way.

I concur with TOKABIGONE, you are several weeks away from harvest. Just keep your PH steady and return to your nutrients schedule. If you haven't already done so, and are so inclined, start adding molasses to your watering regimen. About one Tablespoon per gallon.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• SleepyTibbs
        SleepyTibbs commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you OldManGrower what is the molasses for? I think I might have some around here.

Search the site for molasses it’s believed to feed the microbes and make your buds more fragrant and fatter.

Comment

Most nutrient lines have some form of a molasses product if a grow store is easier to get to than a grocery store that carries the right kind of molasses.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up UndergroundFarmer I'll check what my local nursery has in stock. When I went there a few months ago their inventory was very limited though. Recreational cannabis was legalized here in January so between that and all the people who decided to start growing herbs and veggies during the pandemic a lot of the commonly used products are back ordered.
          - 4'x4'x6.5' tent

Comment

Plant looks really good - don't take off the yellow leaves just cuz they look dead wait until they are dry and crispy.

Darkening pistils is a sign of ripening - I go solely by what colors the trichomes are showing me - fattening caylyxes are another sign.

Use organic molasses - it is sulphur-free.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• SleepyTibbs
              SleepyTibbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Canuck147 I was actually wondering what to do with the yellowing ones, at first I had clipped a couple but then a friend of mine explained to me that they are yellowing because the plant is using up the nutes stored in it. Ill have to get a better magnifying glass to really see the color of the trichomes though. Guess I've got that and organic molasses on my shopping list lol

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Or one could just take a pic - post it and zoom in on the pic - but a jewelers loupe works best - at least 40×

• SleepyTibbs
              SleepyTibbs commented
              Editing a comment
              Canuck147 I like your style. Sounds much cheaper to just take a closeup picture.

I just like un sulferated molasses it's what i was taught to use many years ago by a weed guru. I use it the last month of flower as only with my water not mixed with bloom nutes.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X