Mushrooms as soil amendment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mushrooms as soil amendment?

This popped up in our indoor geranium plant... I looked these mushrooms up and they seem to be Flowerpot Parasols. Toxic to humans, but apparently quite beneficial for plants (that could be why the geranium has been thriving so well). I seem to be having some nutrient problems with my auto, so was wondering if I could use a few of these mushrooms as a soil amendment. Has anyone done this and if it works, what's the best way? Pluck/dig up fresh and add to the soil or dry and add? (I don't want to touch them directly due to the 'toxic' rating).

The geranium seems to be quite happy with its housemates, so I don't want to get rid of all of them; but if I can utilize some safely elsewhere I will.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210612_094826.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	519939

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210612_094837.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	519940
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Sounds like a good experiment to try. A small tissue sample from one of the caps should provide enough spores to inoculate another pot.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Leucocoprinus birnbaumii if I had to guess. Just a sign of healthy soil.
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X