Super Lemon Haze in Supersoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Super Lemon Haze in Supersoil

My super lemon haze in kindsoil is 6 weeks into flowering with about 4 weeks left. About two weeks ago the leaf tips started browning, then some edges and brown spots and clawing too started appearing. Now many fan leaves have shriveled and I pulled them off, I know that can be normal near end of super soil grows. I’m using 5 gallon smart pots and have been watering about a half gallon every 4 days. My tap water is carbon filtered ph of 7.5 and I use a little ph-down to make it 7. I haven’t measured runoff.

I don’t know what my issues are but it happens a lot in my setup.
    Underwatering? The soil is dry almost down to the kindsoil after two days. Today I watered on day 3 first time.
    Calcium deficiency? Isn’t there enough calcium in kindsoil if I have low amounts in my filtered tap water? Kindsoil website states to not really worry about soil ph, just make it 7.
    Wind burning? I do have two small fans hanging next to the light on low speed.

The buds are getting fat this week and so far I’ve been happy with all my grows (this is my 6th) even with whatever my issues are but I could be reducing yields so I’m just wondering.

My go to answer is always PH. After that, especially because you say this happens frequently, I would suggest light burn. But, as you say, this also occurs naturally near the end of a grow as the plant scavenges nutrients from non productive areas. Take your best shot but regardless they're nice looking plants,
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Yes i did also think about light burn but the new green sky led I got says 12 to 18 inches for flower and only now at the end of the stretch did the highest colas grow up into 14-15 inches. The lamp manual said 12 inches is great for the “experienced grower” haha

Comment

Don't let soil dry out because your killing your microbes. No microbes in organic soil means no nutrition for plants.
        640 watt hlg quantum board
        320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
        300 watt mars hydro sp3000
        150 watt hlg quantum board
        100 watt spider farmer led x2
        organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
        Water only i don't check ph
        6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

• MarkyJ
          MarkyJ commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey cloud. I use a moisture meter and the top soil gets dry but not the hot soil in two days right now. I wonder if those dual probe ones for soil PH accurately measures it. I never water past runoff though.

• Cloud
          Cloud commented
          Editing a comment
          i pick it up and water based on that. I also dont water to runoff. Im also growing in fabric pots so harder to overwater. I also dont do supersoil but soil with dry amendments. Using earth dust from greensunshine company. Gonna try Dr. Earth soon but on the fence because of cancer warnings on package.

I have the exact same issue as you, Same Ph .
        The next grow I am going to try not to adjust the Ph and see if that helps.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X