Very low humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Very low humidity

Hi All, I’m a first time grower trying auto flowers. I am using a 2x2x6 grow tent. With a Vivosun 4 inch CFM inline fan with speed control. A cool mist Humidifier, Groplanner 150 watt full spectrum LED grow light, I have a bucket with a towel and sponges. I have a fan blowing inside the tent. I am using Happy Frog soil. I live in Central Arizona Where the humidity is 4%. My problem is I cannot get the humidity above 22% in the grow tent. Is there a way to measure the air flow coming out of the top of the tent. I believe I need the lowest air flow possible to get the humidity up in the tent without hurting the plants with no air flow. In addition my first plant I burned with the LED light any suggestions on distance and power. All help would be appreciated. Thanks Dave first time grower with many problems.

The light should be 18-22" above the plants. Put your hand under the light at plant level and see if it is hot. If it is hot for you then it is too hot for the plant. 150 watts, even in a 2x2 tent is not much power. I have 410 watts in a 32x32. As for humidity, I can only suggest hanging wet towels in the tent and re-wetting them often or shallow dishes of water. The surface area of the dishes or towel will have a large effect on the humidity.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

It may work better to humidify the room the tent is in, I dont use a tent so,

Comment

During the winters I battle low RH as well. I use a large room humidifier in the room my tent is in and hang wet towels and tee shirts in my tent.
        Chronic low humidity can lead to all sorts of problems with your plants. Definitely not something you should let slide. Nip it in the bud now and you'll be rewarded come harvest.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Hello and Welcome!! I too live in AZ and RH is not that hard to deal with I have 2 tents one 3x3x5 and a 4x4x6 both have cool mist humidifiers but I also have two fans in each tent 1 floor and one 3/4 way up the tent, To help my RH I place a low profile dish that holds about 1/2 gal each in front of floor fans this helps keep RH up I am running about 35% - 40% girls seem to be good with that... In small tent I have 1 1000w led and in big tent 2 1000w leds heat does not seem to be much of a problem 4 in and 6 in exhaust fans with 2 carbon filters on each Hope this was helpful let me know how it goes..
          Tent 1 4X4X7 VIVOSUN Tent, 2 1000W LEDS, 6in Exhaust W/ 2 18IN Carbon filters 2 inside fans, Cool mist humidifier, Fox Farms Ocean Forest, FF Nutes
          2 BCN Critical XXL, 2 Blueberry Gum, 2 Hindu Kush all in Flower Autos

Tent 2 "3x3 IPower Tent 1000w LED 4IN Exhaust w/ 2 14 in carbon filters 2 inside fans Cool mist humidifier Fox Farm Ocean Forest" FF Nutes Clean and ready for next grow

Comment

• Davetrish
            Davetrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks I will check it out

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X