Anyone seen this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen this?

I have 6 tomato and 3 pepper plants in 7 gallon fabric pots off our patio. The pots are brand new and I used the same bags of soil, bone meal, mulch ect. We’ve had a lot of spuratic rain lately and it’s humid af in my region but that’s normal and they get over 12hrs of direct sunlight.

This morning I noticed that 1 of the 9 plants has what looks like mold growing on the outside of the pot and over the top of the mulch. None of the others have anything on them, nothing.

Has anyone had this happen? If so what did you do to remedy it?

I don’t do much outdoor growing other than blackberries, strawberries and a few plants on the patio in planters so this is a first time for me. The sun is getting ready to hit, I’m thinking if it doesn’t get rid of it naturally today I’m gona toss the whole thing.

You could try misting the surface with vinegar. Might help.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I thought about that but right now I’m more concerned as to why or how this happened

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi humidity?

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        What I’m thinking, it’s humid AF here. Walk outside before the sun comes up and you feel wet instantly. Luckily the sun killed it. I just thought it was strange that only 1 of 9 plants had it.

Luck?? Take a pass on the lottery ticket.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I would think direct sun/drying would kill it off.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Whats the PH of the soil? If it is high maybe alkali, salts from the soil forming on top and sides.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven’t texted it but oh should be good. I used FFOF mixed with perlite then watered them in at 6.5. I don’t have many ph issues with tomato or pepper in planters but I have a few autos just getting started outside. You do a lot of outside growing, do you do any in planters? I’m just curious how the rain will affect the ph

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X