Word to the wise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Word to the wise

This pretty much pertains to new to the forum growers. Though I sure some of the folks that been here a while could/should read as well.
    We all at some point have had issues with our grows, something we haven't seen before and could use a hand to narrow it down.

For starters, tact goes a long way.. No need for snotty comments when you don't get the answer you were looking for. It takes no effort to have a decent attitude. Moral of the story "DONT BE A DICK!" Moving on.....
    Next when posing a question give us the best chance to help you. A very detailed description of said problem.. After that we need all the stats on your grow.. Give us as much as possible.
    Medium, pot type and size
    Strain
    Water ph, ph method
    Watering practices
    Food type and feeding practices
    Lighting, type, true wattage pulling from the wall( not the number on the box) and photo period
    How far along are they
    Temp and RH
    I'm sure I missed a few items but you see where I'm going with this.

Lastly PHOTOS! Many times we can narrow down your issue by just looking at the plant.. And please for the love of all things holy DONT POST GRAINY BLURPLE pics. Many of us have a hard time seeing what's going in them. Nice clear, under white light or natural light photos. Help us help you.

We have some seriously amazing growers on this page. They have many years of growing under their belts. And some have knowledge you'll never find in a book. These are great people that don't have to help you but rather they want to. And when they do, listen.

This post isn't aimed ant anyone in particular just a PSA.
    Thanks everyone.

5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2Ɨ Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

I wish this was required reading for new members eh.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Hear !! Hear !!

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      ....And one more thing: Please use the little "Camera" icon to post pictures! That causes them to be attached as a photo album that is easy to enlarge and scroll around in rather than opening each photo separately.

--My ONLY pet peeve on GWE forum postings!

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      grouchyoldman I agree!

Haven't really come across any toxics here. There's that bonehead that pissed off Farmbuck a while back, but for the most part I think people realize this isn't Reddit.
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well Floopydoop they come an go quickly thank goodness. Just had one this past week toxic ass.

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      We get them once in a while around here. They usually go away on their own.

And thats the long way of saying "Need Input!"

Comment

• PLreef
      PLreef commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometime you just gotta spell it out. Lol

Well said @PLreef and last but not least we may be growers with a passion but we don't have ALL of the answers to some of the questions asked by the newbies. Look I might not be the grower 101 here but at least I try by sharing my grows either good or bad non ?
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Very well said PLreef
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

ā€œBut I want help and I want it now wahhh!ā€ Lol
        Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Go to your room Cheeba !! Lollll
          Last edited by Farmbuck; 06-11-2021, 12:45 PM.

I haven't really had to deal with any smart asses or nasty people on this site. It is a good part of the reason I visit it. I would add to PLeef's list: READ THE GWE MANUEL for yourself. Do your own homework and then ask your questions. The answers to many diagnostic questions are readily available on this site under "Plant Problems".
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I belong to forums for beer brewing and motorcycles as well. Some forums have required reading and an required introduction as their first newb post. Requiring the GWE Manual to be read before your first post isn't an egregious request IMHO. I read it before I posted just because I want to gain knowledge rather than get spoon fed the answer to my current and pressing issue but not everyone has the same attitude. The OP here makes good points but there's no guarantee a newb will read this post when they seldom read the reference material that's available to them.
          Danny

Lovin' life...

Grow System:
          DIY RDWC built in 10 gal tote container
          Vipar Spectra p2000 LED full spectrum light
          Vent fan w/carbon filter and assorted fans, airpump, dehumidifiers, etc
          2x4 grow tent

Current Grow: TOO MUCH

made the newb mistake of starting too many plants in my system. 2 Northern Lights autos and 2 Afghans autos

Comment

Yes agree, I find this forum full of great people! Always willing to help...the closest thing that I have ever seen even close to a dick move was this...it was sort of funny I guess. All good.
            Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
            I like weed and science.

Comment

We have Public Service Announcements? I never got that memo...
              I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Hahah yes sir. Iā€™d say they have to get a 3 digit code to be able to be on the is forum and only way to get it is by reading the beginners tutorials on the GWE site. šŸ‘ŠšŸ½

Comment

I remember posting for a new forum member, the OP asked what he was doing wrong. IIRC he had a paltry little light and it was too far from the seedling. I mentioned it and suggested he review GWE...He 'bout bit my head off. I think it was Rwise who set him straight.

There have been a few I've seen. Thankfully we have a cadre of generous people here, in spirit and knowledge, that more than make up for a few "askholes" (not my idiom).
                  A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I started reading the main site about a year and a half before I started to grow. I made a folder for book marks to reference when I wanted quick access to information. Just opened it and counted 18 sub-folders with more than 120 book marks from just the main site and approximately 20 to 30 from other sources. Not bragging the year before I started to grow I was unable to use my dominant had for just over 3 months so basically only thing I could do was research. I was in my 4th or 5th grow before joining the forum and then I only joined because I needed to ask about a problem I was having a problem figuring out. There's times I read a post asking about a problem look at the problem page a see something similar so I just post link to that page. I figure they should be able to find it themselves and maybe learn what a vast amount of knowledge Nebula & Sirius have provided to the world of Cannabis Cultivation.

Comment

• Puglover1
                      Puglover1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Poppa, I have spent more time reading than sleeping, many nights. I read the main GWE, other websites, I started with reading a Frank & Rosenthal book in 1979 but I still learn new ideas in these forums that aren't on the main site.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X