Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to manage Regular seeds, indoors, in soil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to manage Regular seeds, indoors, in soil?

So I have a bunch of regular seeds. Now I need to pop a bunch and sex them to find the females. I would usually grow from feminized seeds and build a manifold.

So what is the best way to go? Manifold them all and grow them you and then flip to 12/12 and pull the males?

Go for a sea of green and just not waste the veg time on the manifolding?

What do regular seed growers do indoors to maximize yields and nugs?

4x4x7 - FFOF - 750w MH/HPS

Regular(and feminized) seeds will show sex after 5 to 8 weeks in veg if you have the room to keep said plants around in small pots. you will see females throw pistils and males just produce a single ball. Males plant can be grown along side female plants in flower for a couple weeks(3-4) without Pollination and you do have plenty of time to cull them if you are doing the typical 6 week veg run and as far as growing out the females goes, you can treat them like any of the Fem seeds you have run in the past as far as training.

depending on the number of seeds you are going to drop it is not uncommon to do a 12/12 from seed in a SOG and pull the males.
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 06-10-2021, 11:04 PM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Well billyboy i do most training after i know it's female. Sure i do allow them to grow bigger before i flip just in case they are fems. I will do a topping, LST but that's it till i see sex. No tieing down branches yet just top & LST that's how i do it.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

By my own experience and from research, you can get a better ratio of females to males from your seeds if they don't dry out and get plenty of nitrogen and get lots of blue light before preflowers show. Aggressively feeding during veg in my hydro setup produced ratios in both tents that I couldn't just ascribe to good fortune.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X