Over Stretching ....Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over Stretching ....Why?

Hi.... I have three female sensi skunk ( Amsterdam seeds ) all sitting pretty at approx 4.5 - 5.0 ft and all very healthy,
    i have installed a 2nd sprog net in an attempt to slow them down a little as the kolas are starting to stack nicely but they have not stopped stretching and are now within a foot of the light fitting, and I am having difficulty avoiding burning
    these girls, I have just started week 5 of flower yet they are still stretching ..... any suggestions please.
    Thankyou Robbo.

HI Robbo
    You can tie the main stems down a little. Creative height management is what I call it. You'll have to be careful not to break them. Could you add a scrog net? More reading in the link below.
    by Nebula Haze If your cannabis plants get too tall for your grow space, you're not alone; it's a really common problem for indoor growers. A cannabis plant's ability to grow very tall in a very short amount of time can (and frequently does) get growers into a lot of unexpected gardening trouble! If you need help with a marijuana plant that's too tall, this article will teach you what to do! What Can You Do When Marijuana Plants Start Getting Too Close to Your Grow Lights?
    Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

• Robbo
      Robbo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thankyou for the link, I'll add another net and attempt a bit of careful persuasion.

• Robbo
      Robbo commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi , I have spent the weekend wrestling, readjusting and carefully persuading my overgrown crop down from their
      great heights very close to my light fitting, luckily I only had one true casualty which I hope I have saved with the help of some electrical tape and carefully wrapped bandages, but I have been left with quite a few scorched and brownish looking leaves on three of my four girls which do not look to healthy, but the kolas that were forming under and around these leaves do not seem to be to affected. May I ask for some advice in the removal of thes leaves and top buds that were scorched or shall I leave them alone in the hope they may recover a little, or could this infect the whole female plant they belong too. i have bent all four from the base and tied them down hopefully gaining the space I need before these girls stop growing.
      I hope this makes sense and somebody can advise me what I should do to guarantee my harvest.
      i am week 5/6 of flower aiming for week 10. Thankyou Robbo.

It sounds like you need to look into supercropping the too-tall colas and tying them down to the net. Some varieties can stretch up to three times their veg height. Amsterdam doesn't mention anything about stretching in its description of Sensi Skunk and nobody has left a review of it. I just grew some Skunk #1 from Sensi Seeds and it only stretched to about twice its veg height for me.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• Robbo
      Robbo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thankyou for your help, I have followed your advice and thrown another sprog net over, and will attempt a little careful persuasion over the next few days.

• Robbo
      Robbo commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi , I have spent the weekend wrestling, readjusting and carefully persuading my overgrown crop down from their
      great heights very close to my light fitting, luckily I only had one true casualty which I hope I have saved with the help of some electrical tape and carefully wrapped bandages, but I have been left with quite a few scorched and brownish looking leaves on three of my four girls which do not look to healthy, but the kolas that were forming under and around these leaves do not seem to be to affected. May I ask for some advice in the removal of thes leaves and top buds that were scorched or shall I leave them alone in the hope they may recover a little, or could this infect the whole female plant they belong too. i have bent all four from the base and tied them down hopefully gaining the space I need before these girls stop growing.
      I hope this makes sense and somebody can advise me what I should do to guarantee my harvest.

Thanks for the post. I am about to germinate (5) Sensi Skunk. I'll plan to top and train right from the beginning to keep them under control. I don't have that kind of height in the tent.

Comment

I will definitely top the next batch, these kolas are amazing..... Top seeds.

Comment

Comment

Post a few pictures, please?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X