New Grower - PH Concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! New Grower - PH Concern

The Up/Low Ph is only burning the fuck out of my poor plants. The only girl looks so sad, and about 80% of her leaves are now burnt. She is still young and I’d like to save her, made a post about it earlier but didn’t get much help, so can anyone tell me how else can I adjust pH of water ?
    when I search online all I’m really pulling up is the ph up/down bullshit

I didn't see your earlier post. Can you post photos of your plant. Preferably detailed photos of the effected spots. Be sure to post as much info as possible about your grow. Strain, substrate, lights, watering practices, feeding, ph, lighting and so on.
    Typically burnt leaves are a result of too much nutrients but without any info of pics I can't be of much help..
    Baking soda can be used to raise ph and lemon juice to lower.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

The pH Up and Down use potassium and phosphorus ions to change the pH of the solution. Both of those elements can be absorbed by the plant as nutrition. That's the reason just about all of us use them. It sounds like the EC of whatever you're growing in may be too high. Using pH Up and Down will tend to raise the EC a bit, but not a helluva lot. No matter what you grow in, make sure your pH pen is working properly and you have an old fashioned method for backup - like the pH test fluid GH sells alongside pH Up/Down. I've had a pH pen go crazy on me before and it set me back about three weeks once. A good EC/TDS meter is a must too. I'd suggest a water change if you're in hydro, followed by about half the nutes the maker calls for, then pH Up/Down as needed. If in coco, pH adjust some plain water and flush the plant with it then let it sit until it's thirsty again.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

There are many things one can use to PH with, acids make the soil acidic, and alkaline's make the soil alkaline. Can you give more details on what you need/want?
        Lemons can be use for acid, vitamin C as well, bananas are acidic. These will get you a PH down (also kills chloramine and chlorine in tap water)
        Potash, wood ash will get a PH up, but what do you need?

Comment

Why are you convinced pH is your issue? Lots of reasons leaves can look burnt. It's very difficult for anyone to advise you without more data on how you're growing, what nutrients you're using, etc. It may not be a pH issue at all and frankly many people use the BS products you're referring to quite successfully.
          Danny

Lovin' life...

Grow System:
          DIY RDWC built in 10 gal tote container
          Vipar Spectra p2000 LED full spectrum light
          Vent fan w/carbon filter and assorted fans, airpump, dehumidifiers, etc
          2x4 grow tent

Current Grow: TOO MUCH

made the newb mistake of starting too many plants in my system. 2 Northern Lights autos and 2 Afghans autos

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X