Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to flip?

Seeds germinated May 1.
    1st pic is last Sunday, 2d pic today, they’re growing pretty fast. On 18/6.
    This is my first SCROG and I don’t want to overgrow the screen. I was going to wait a couple more weeks to flip, but now I’m thinking maybe I should flip sooner.
    Any advice/comments welcomed.
    Thanks.

Assuming these are photoperiod strains, I'd wait. Once you flip to 12/12 they start to flower so less bud sites will form. Most Photos should go 7 weeks or more. It really is up to you how big you want the plants but if you train them properly and defoliate every now and then you should be able to cover the whole screen.

Looking at these pics up close I would ask what are your temps and humidity? They look a little heat stressed as some of the fan leaves appear to be canoeing. Check this out https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...t-light-stress
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Originally posted by dilvish View Post
      Assuming these are photoperiod strains, I'd wait. Once you flip to 12/12 they start to flower so less bud sites will form. Most Photos should go 7 weeks or more. It really is up to you how big you want the plants but if you train them properly and defoliate every now and then you should be able to cover the whole screen.

Looking at these pics up close I would ask what are your temps and humidity? They look a little heat stressed as some of the fan leaves appear to be canoeing. Check this out https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...t-light-stress
      Temp 80, humidity 65% 315 LEC at 18”. Just LSTd so they look a bit messy. The only one with any leaf issues is the one in front which is a mutant, the two ‘normal’ ones in the rear have no heat related issues that I can tell although some of the lower fan leaves are fading out. Maybe need to raise the light a couple of inches?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        You could raise the lamp or don't really have to at this time. I may of wanted to wait another week or so before placing the net allow them to grow upward. They are flexible so might try raise that net several inches?

humidity and temp combined with low airflow. Get the air moving in there. the plant in the front does show signs of it being to hot/humid. Is it a different strain than the others? Some strains like it a bit less humid, around 50%. and when in flower 40%.
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

The rule of thumb with photos is if you want 48 inch plants. Grow them to 24 and flip. Because they roughly double in height after you flip them

Comment

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          That's not necessarily true. Not all strains will double once they go into flower mode. A lot of what you stated depends on the grow conditions and the strain. Careful not to confuse a new grower...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X