Sexing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sexing help

Well I’m usually fine myself at this but…. Help! I really want this to be a female. Otherwise I’m tired of wasting time on it.
    Attached Files

9fingerleafs youre my go-to lately. Hellllp

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      They are still too young. Can’t really tell yet. Post more pics in a few days

Based on the third photo, I'd say female.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I'll say keep an eye on it for the next week, pic 4 looks like it could be young balls, still a bit early.

Comment

Thanks everyone!!! This plant is like 3 feet tall. I feel like it’s the longest I’ve waited on sexing a plant. I’ve got one next to it showing all kinds of white pistils ready to flower.

Comment

9fingerleafs update
          Attached Files

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Still very young. A pistil could pop out of there or a bunch of balls. The patience part is the hardest

9fingerleafs But you said a couple days. I thought your word was gospel!!!!! Lol damn man. This is really the longest one to show ever for me. Strain: Wedding Catcher (anyone know it?)

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            I know how you feel. I switched to feminized a couple of years ago and I don’t even think about males anymore. Hopefully they show soon.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Naw not that strain but wedding cake i've grown that. Have to flip lights 12/12 could take 12days or more for what i've experienced.

9fingerleafs Alright…. I’m putting them in flower. Any of these say anything about them before I wait more? M/F?
          Attached Files

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            They don’t. There’s no development yet. Literally just a tiny thingy, could grow into anything. If I had to bet I’d put my money on male just because it’s taking so long to mature and males develop later so the females get a head start on pistil formation

I love ya anyways. Lol. I’m hoping they show soon. Thanks for always respondin!!!

Comment

Flip the light, then give them 14 days to show mature parts.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep just flip them I grew that strain doesn't produce alot at least for me I should of grown a tent full.

Originally posted by ImDrMonkey View Post
            9fingerleafs If I had to bet I’d put my money on male just because it’s taking so long to mature and males develop later so the females get a head start on pistil formation
            Not in my experience. Males start producing pollen earlier and higher than the females. So that way the females get pollinated as soon as possible and the earliest possible seeding sites are pollinated reducing the energy required to produce more pistils. The males tend to be taller than the females so the pollen is distributed on the tops of the females with the wind. So whenever looking for sex characteristics its usually best to look on the top of the plant because that's where they form first

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m sure that is also true. Many dif strains and lineages. We talk like it’s the same plant but it’s thousands of very dif variations. I’ve only had the chance to grow certain lines and I’m certain I haven’t seen it all

Seen balls mostly mid section i think don't matter though anywhere not welcome in my grows. Gotta be real diligent checking the whole plant after the flip, could show up in 7days could be 14days.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X