Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

I am a first time grower and just put my plant into its flowering stage. I didn’t know you had to “train” the plant. It Jack Herer-just started with one to get it right. Is it too late to “train”
    it????

You don't have to train it, it will just produce better. I didn't do anything to my first grow but concentrate on getting a healthy plant to harvest.

I got a decent yield of at least dispo quality bud and learned how to grow a top shelf cannabis plant.

This grow I did train mine and I can already tell I'm getting higher yield and better quality. I can smell it almost before I unzip the tent and I have 2-3 weeks to go.

I just took a closer look at your pic and I see alot of white spots on the lower leaves. Is that white mold?
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• firstgrow
      firstgrow commented
      Editing a comment
      I will not be training it after reading your two posts. Thank you for the advice…was told by grower the white spots were spider mites? then a calcium deficiency for another grower? is it mold? how do i rid of it?? appreciate any help I can get..much respect

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe when Canuck147 makes the rounds he can give you some advice on white powdery mold (WPM). I know he has dealt with it a bit. I haven't had to deal with it yet but I check for it and moisture on leaves daily.

Don't let yourself get overwhelmed, most of these things are correctable without too much trouble.

Do the white spots wipe off?

Also, look under the leaves with your magnifier for tiny little specks. If you see any watch for movement.

If you're not comfortable cutting and bending your plant, don't yet. Get to know the plant through one grow first and focus all your care on getting its environment and feeding down because those are hard enough for first-time growers to learn without making it more complicated than that.

Also, have fans going to keep the plant swaying, but avoid pointing them directly at it. We've seen quite a few mystery "leaves are turning brown for no reason" issues wind up being wind burn - which isn't always easy to diagnose from pictures posted online.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Thank you SO much…on the fan issue….sincerly appreciate ur help…

Comment

You can top it or super crop if its not in preflower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X