April 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 2021

Gona start putting these on here to get them off my phone/cloud while I document. All four of these popped April 14th. I just moved them into 5 gallon pots from 2 gallon last Friday, started retraining tonight. Critical Gorilla from Expert Seeds was a freebie. Granddaddy Purple, Bruce Banner and Banana Kush all from ILGM. Out in the open for a couple more weeks, veg tent full of autos. Flower tent full of photos 🤦🏻‍♂️ Bout to get back to enjoying this hobby again real soon 😁

Doing a modified manifold on the Critical Gorilla. She’s just reaching the edge of the pot. Using a 18” round table top board to train her out wide. The others will go under 21”x22” screens

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I’m interested to see how this turns out. Gona veg her another 3wks and all cutting is done so she should be nice and wide. I have the inner colas pinned down with stakes right now but by the time she’s into flower all those hooks should have multiple supports attached to them
      Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 06-13-2021, 08:38 PM.

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Da Bboy Be Busy! LOL

I'm stoked that you're gonna throw a screen on that Bruce Banner? If anyone can tame that tall and willful beast it would be you.

I'm going to grow another BB auto specifically for the experiment of trying to LST the apical dominance into a flat canopy. You've got a great start, show us the way ScrogMeister!

• bboyfromwayback
      Editing a comment
      I bought 2 of these 18” round table top boards and a 24” one but it’ll be a while before I try that one out. Thinking when I give the PPP a real try I’m gona use it. They had a 36” one too but that be too cumbersome to move in and out in my setup. My grow room is long but narrow

Grow as a whole, healthy

Bruce Banner and GDP already cover 18x18 screens, fast growers, pay zero attention to any type of training or cutting.

Banana Kush covers 14x15 screen, thick stalk and stems.

Critical Gorilla slower growth but healthy. Thick base

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You are going to have an absolute monstrous jungle, bboy... They look beastly!!!

• bboyfromwayback
      Editing a comment
      Thanks honey! I’m excited to see how these things turn out

Change of plans😂 These four got too big so the Banana Kush got the boot. She’s now outside and seems to grow 2-3” daily.

Bruce and the GDP have both outgrown a 24”x24” screen. I pondered a few different ideas. Moving everything else outside and giving Bruce the entire tent crossed my mind but outdoors is a whole new realm and I’m not willing to sacrifice more than one plant. So I decided to go with a 18” round boards. I have a 24” one that would be great but it would take up too much space so I’m going with 18” boards for all three of these plants. The 3rd one for the GDP is currently being used by a auto that’s almost finished. I have a 4x4 net that I’ll put in for support once in flower. I have a feeling it will be needed.

Nearly completely severed one of Bruce’s main colas. Tied her up tight, hopefully I can start to pull it back down in a few days.

The Critical Gorilla is healthy but a slow grower. I believe this is a perfect example of a plant grown from ILGM seeds compared to anyone else (my own personal experience) I ordered a bunch of seeds last year from different breeders and from what I’ve seen ILGM seeds are on a whole new level, it’s not even close. I’ve had great success growing Pineapple Chunk from Barney’s but all their other strains have produced some duds and mutants. Anyways, she’s hanging in there. Hopefully she picks up when flipped. Still shooting for 7-3. May come a little sooner.

Comment

Bruce’s limb healed nicely. Was able to super-crop it over this evening so everything is nice and level again.

GDP is on a board as well. She’s the bushiest and fastest growing of the three.

Critical Gorilla is starting to pick up the pace. This plant is super easy to train. Loves being low snd flat.

These plants have been vegging under 2 Viparspectra 450’s in open space since they outgrew the 2x4 tent. They started off in a tent with autos on a 20/4 light schedule so I kept it the same when they moved out. I have 3 plants within 10days of being finished then these can move into the flower tent.
      Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 06-25-2021, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Man those are gonna be monster colas i hope for ya. I love long veg times on photos and the LST just helps those branches really fill out. Yeah for lady Bruce LOL

Great looking plants as always sir 👍🏻

Comment

Next round, hopefully a future monster. This Gorilla Glue upfront is 8 days above dirt and already working on its 4th set of leaves 😁

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Just about too big for their styrofoam britches!! Looking good!

Girls first night under the Electric Skys. They look so much better out from under those damn burples. I’ll give them a few days to get adjusted then strip and flip

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the tie downs.

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        The board worked great on a auto. Just harvested last night and it had solid, golf ball sized buds all the way down to the base. We’re about to find out how it works on photos although I may have f’d up a bit we’ll see. I started off only removing the downward growth but once she got so big the colas growing up were getting too tall so I pulled them down but they shaded so much below them I removed them all for a flat canopy. I need to work on that PPP perfectly round mound of colas. That was the vision, missed it but I think they’ll still work out

BTW I gut these at Lowe’s, they’re precut round boards for DIY tables or stools. They have them online or in the lumber section where the precut, finish grade wood is for trim or moulding. These are 18” they were about $20 each I believe and they also had 15” or 24”. Package of eyescrews and you’re all set
        Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 07-01-2021, 03:10 PM.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't use them in my setup, but they look perfect here!

I didn’t strip them as much as I usually do since they’re not fully adjusted to the Electric Sky’s. Watered them all last night and moved the dial to 50% and they were looking a little beat up this morning. This even I’ll set the timer to 12/12

Comment

Day 1 of 12/12, looks like they’ve adjusted to the new lights 😁

Comment

They started showing some sign yesterday but not enough to get me excited. This evening we have a tent full of bright green, flowering tops 😁

The Critical Gorilla upfront has turned into one pretty plant. She’s growing very uniform on her own. I never really mess with her.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh boy that's gonna be so full dang i love a long veg when i can do it.

• bboyfromwayback
            Editing a comment
            Yea it’s tough to do! Takes space

Day 5 of flower

Comment

Day 8 of flower, nice development throughout. About 3wks ago the Critical started consuming less water than the other two but they were being watered the same so it wasn’t too bad. Now they’re all three on a different schedule so I’m watering daily. This grow in combination with everything I have going outside has made me decide to finally try the AutoPots I’ve had over a year now but yet to open the box. Next grow coming in AutoPots

Comment

Day 13 of flower pics.

Little note for anyone following and thinking about trying something like these boards for training. 3 plants like this is too much in a 4x4 to fully utilize them. I had to stop pulling them down, if I only had two plants I could spread them out a lot more to really open them up, one plant especially. However, then you’d have to have yo-yo’s or some type of support system which makes me think ‘just grow it under a screen’. So in my opinion, having used this on a auto and now a couple weeks into a photo flower….these boards are great for autos to really spread them out and open them up but with a photo a ScrOG is a better technique. Im still going to get a lot of bud off these plants, don’t get me wrong. I’m just thinking bang for your buck or grams per watt here. Plus anytime you grow tall colas like these you’re going to get fluff. I’ll use that for butter but I prefer nothing but chunky tops.

Added a couple Blue Dreams to fill out the open space in the canopy. If I want some quick weed this is my preferred method from seed, it’s just as fast as growing a auto only less finicky and produces more yield…2wks in a cup, 2wks in a 3 gallon pot then 12/12. In my experience, if you use a 2 gallon pot your plant will get a little bigger but you’ll be watering daily before the grow is over so I use 3 gallon. The plants stretch like crazy for the first 10-14 days then they’ll start to flower.
              Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 07-22-2021, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                Editing a comment
                In my experience you can’t beat a scrog, when done properly you get nothing but big tops but I like playing around because no matter what technique I use it’s plenty to support the wife and me lol

Those two babies will surprise ya, I have them down low for now just to give them a few days to get adjusted. They went from being under a 135w veg light to 660w of ES. I’ll put something under them to get em up to canopy level in a couple days. They should produce about 3oz each

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Since I've never scrogged I should have kept my mouth shut!!! Each grow environment is so different, and of course, I only know my own intimately. Yours is looking freakin awesome!!!!!

• bboyfromwayback
                Editing a comment
                😂😂😂 sorry, I didn’t mean anything bad! I was only trying to explain that although these things are effective at getting a plant opened up to expose more bud sites, if you were to really utilize it you’d need some type of support for the colas eventually. But the way I scrog a plant, the supports already there. I was basically going over the two techniques in my head while I typed with my one finger😂. Thanks alltatup! I think it’s looking good as well, gona be a busy week defoliating

Going into week 3, looks like a busy week defoliating

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful buds!! How much did they stretch in 2 weeks?

• bboyfromwayback
                Editing a comment
                It’s hard to tell exactly because as they grew I’d pull them down and a little wider until all the space was filled. The overall canopy height raised almost 6”. The GDP definitely stretched the most, I was pulling her down daily so I’m guessing she probably grew 12” or more. The Critical didn’t stretch much at all really, her energy went right to making buds because her colas are already full😁 The Bruce Banner was the biggest of the 3 coming out of veg, I had her pulled way down to be the same height as the others and actually released most of her colas to keep up with the GDP. Only a few are tied down on her now but the stems hardened into a downward U almost from being tied down so long

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X