Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever had an auto that didn't autoflower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever had an auto that didn't autoflower?

I've got an auto Trans Siberian that isn't flowering and it's a problem because it's in a perpetual harvest system and it's taking up more and more space meaning I can't put new plants in to keep the harvests perpetual. Two of them were put in the tent maybe 10 weeks ago and one has been harvested while the other is still vegging. If this plant has a weakly automatic trait and just flowers much later then cool, I can accomodate that, it's not a waste in fact it could be quite a yielder. But if it doesn't autofloower at all then I'd have to adjust the light for all my plants to 12/12 (which I don't want to do because it will reduce my plants light by 40%), or just trash the whole (now quite large) plant. It hasn't even shown preflowers yet and it's probably 2.5 months into vegging.

Anyone had anything like this? did it eventually flower or did you have to force it?

I'm in the same boat with a 00 Seeds auto 00 Kush. I was planning to buy another tent anyway so I went ahead and it went to 12/12 Sunday. It was vegging for 9 weeks and is making pistils already.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Hi qpwoeiruty
      "Autos" that do not autoflower are fairly common. This question pops up in here on a regular basis. If the plant is 2.5 months old then it is my opinion that you will need to put it in 12/12 to flower. I have had this happen to me 2 times. Each time I had to go to 12/12 to get the plant to flower.
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

I had a crystal widow autoflower that never flipped, had to remove it from the other auto’s in the tent and put it in the photoperiod tent when I flipped, definitely changed my game plan and had to re-think the whole thing. It’s annoying for sure, but the lesser of issues to arise that’s for sure

Comment

• GreenAlchemist
          GreenAlchemist commented
          Editing a comment
          It was actually, I picked up that and sour diesel auto as well

The crystal widow (aside from not autoflowering) was very nice, the smoke was great, smooth and great for an evening blaze. Also, I didn’t get any issues with her in veg/flower which is a big plus.

The sour diesel on the other hand.. I got two 4x packs, and lost 6 seeds in germination (they never popped but the other seeds I had next to them had 100% success.)

Hoping I can pop atleast one sour D!!

• JeffInCanada
          JeffInCanada commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the come back GreenAlchemist,
          Geeze, that's not good with the Sour D. I hope you get some to germinate as well. Good luck. I have some of their Lemon Drop (auto Super Lemon Haze) seeds. I'll probably try one of them next. They (Oasis) seem to be "new", I think that they are Canadian. Their beans are on the affordable side and you get two for one so I decided to give them a try last time I ordered. Good to hear about the CW though, I have some hope for success. Again thank you & good luck with the Sour D!
          Last edited by JeffInCanada; 06-04-2021, 02:29 PM.

• GreenAlchemist
          GreenAlchemist commented
          Editing a comment
          2 for 1 deal is what got me too ahah

Thanks, and Good luck on your run! Would love to see a grow journal on it and see how the genetics work for you

Yup...it's called a photoperiod or a male plant. You could try to shade it somehow....can't you just take it out of the tent for 12 hours and stick it in a closet or something?
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• qpwoeiruty
          qpwoeiruty commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a perpetual harvest where I can designate 30x40 sq cm to each plant (1 in, 1 out, every 10 days), if it flowers now it'll be way too big and mean that I have to remove another 3 other plants. It's not in a house of flat so I can't take it out without walking around in public carrying (what will probably become) a 3-4sqft monster flowering plant. The only solution where I keep it would be transferring it outdoors but I live in a heavily populated area and that's not going to be possible especially because it would have to be on land I cntrol and that means basically too close to my indoor grow for legal comfort. EDIT: not a male

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          again maybe try to shade it or cover it. worse case scenario is that if the others are all autoflower and you switch to 12/12 lighting. The autos will just take longer but should still complete their cycle.

Sounds like unstable genetics to me. Try rocbudinc.com north Atlantic Seed Company harvest mutual Mephisto genetics treestars seed, gas reaper genetics DC Seed Exchange. They're usa seed banks with excellent reputations and carry outstanding genetics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X