What’s causing these spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s causing these spots?

Any diagnosis ideas for why the leaves are getting yellowish splotches and black spots? The plants are grown indoors and aren’t experiencing much of an insect problem right now. Just like to know what the plants may be suffering from, lacking or getting too much of?
    Any suggestions welcome.

We would like some informations please. Such as your medium, your PH, type of strain etc..

Here this may help you also : https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-symptoms-pictures
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Sure looks like pest issue to me. Have you looked at leaves both sides with 60x magnification? It could be spider mites or thirps which are almost impossible to see with the naked eye.

Comment

PH problem or pest problem. If you have gone over the plant and found no evidence of bugs then it's likely the plant is suffering a nutrient deficiency of some kind due to PH issues likely a manganese deficiency.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

How old is the plant? How near to harvest? Are the leaves falling off or are you snipping them?
          My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
          I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
          Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Sonny hello. In my opinion I think they're thrips. Agreed with Tersky you need a Jeweler's loupe and look on top and bottom of leaves. Good luck and happy growing

Comment

These are some recent pictures showing some of the progression. I use RO Water and keep the Ph at 5.5–5.8 Products are HydroGuard, BudXL, DripClean, House & Garden Aqua Flakes A & B with PPM at 800. I use Grodan macro cubes and slabs. I pretreat all of it with eroponic rockwool conditioning solutions, then when roots start showing I feed them with RO water, CalMag and Clonex, that works great. They’re healthy with strong stems. My problems start when I put them under lights 12 on 12 hours off to flower. The clones are grown under a bank of 8 T-5 fluorescents and flowered under 400 watt HPS lamps.
              Ive had white flies, thrips and mold and dealt with them but this stumps me.
              Any suggestions welcome.

Comment

Do you still use the cal-mag with flowering nutes? If not you should probably try it.
                2X4X6 Quictent
                1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
                600w LED (80)
                1000w LED (180)
                2 X Viparspectra P-1000
                2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
                6" battery/usb fans
                Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
                GH trio with Calimagic
                Lung room humidifier
                3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
                ArmorSi, kelp when needed
                Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
                Northern Lights auto
                (Seedsman)
                auto 00 Kush
                (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
                2x Northern lights auto
                1 auto 00 Kush
                1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
                Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

try this https://www.growweedeasy.com/5-step-...owing-problems
                  I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I’d take a close look on the lower nodes/leaves, looks like a thrip issue

edit: took a closer look on one leaf, think I see one of the little culprits, may be mistaken as it’s not clear zoomed in. Hope you find the problem and solution soon!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by GreenAlchemist; 06-11-2021, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Sonny I grow in soil and I don't know much about Hydroponics. But I do hear people talking about RO water. RO water has none of the good stuffs in it where tap water you'll get your minerals. So you should definitely add Cal Mag. Maybe water with nutrients then the next time water with just Cal Mag then the next time nutrients. That way you don't blow your ppm's out of range every time you water. I cut my cal-mag out mid flower and my nutrients two to three weeks before nighttime then chop. Also plants will eat a lot more in flower. But those leaves what a week ago? Those look like they had thrip damage. Did you look for critters?

Comment

I strongly believe you have a PH issue. your PH is so low it is causing multiple nutrient uptake issues.
                        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
                        5 gallon cloth pots
                        30"x30"x60" tent
                        Spider Farmer SE3000
                        Coco Pearlite mix
                        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X