aphids on seedlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! aphids on seedlings

Hello. I have aphids again like last year, but now I noticed them early and there is only few of them I knocked htem off with water. but I am scared I will have future infestations. Did any of you encounter aphids before, and what is best way to keep them off plant. I heard neem oil, soap and water, but I dont want to harm plant so what is best homemade recipe for aphids

Use isopropyl alcohol 50/50 with water, the alcohol kills the adults on contact but not the eggs so it has to be repeated as the eggs hatch. Spray the under side then the top and soak them good. Do this every 2-3 days. Treat them at least 3 times and then watch closely for the return. I would also suggest Spinosad which is a natural bacteria. I have used Captain Jack's dead bug with good results.

Comment

If these girls are outside, then ladybugs and maybe praying mantis. The ladies will eat all they can hold and then breed up some youngins!
      Dont use Neem on flowers it is not safe.
      Spinosad should not be used on flowers either, it is being banned for this use, also not safe. (I have a big jug of it too)
      Best to err on the safe side, the ISO evaporates very fast leaving behind only water, and IF ISO scares you use Everclear 190 (or whatever near pure alcohol you can get).

Comment

• Cunjo420
        Cunjo420 commented
        Editing a comment
        so alcohol kills em? so I shouldnt spray with pure alcohol but mix water/alcohol? They are really pain in the arse, aphids last year sucked all the juice from my leaves

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X