Experimenting with seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experimenting with seeds

So instead of killing the male right away - a Lemon Thai Kush purchased from Seedsman, but was a Humbolt seed - I pulled him from the tent and kept him apart until some of the sacks opened. The three females were Blueberry Haze from ILGM. I picked the female that had charastics I liked - the shorter and the bushiest of the three, showing more indica heritage than sativa in her shape. Buds ended up fatter and she produced well, as it turned out later.

Despite my taking her out of the tent, applying the pollen to just a few buds on one branch using a paintbrush and giving her a light hit with the spray bottle before returning her to the tent, the fans circulated some of the pollen as seeds are popping up in the other untreated buds and on the other plants. Especially on the lower branches. Not a ton, but they are there.

Got a hundred + seeds (by estimation). Hoping for some "hybrid vigor" from this F1.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hybrid.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	517884

Very nice. F1 have he most vigor but they will be fairly similar and “in the middle” between the parents characteristics.

Comment

This is pretty cool..you got a good supply of probably kick-ass seeds for free but still didn't seed all of your bud. Good experimenting...Was the spray after pollenating just water and was the purpose to keep the applied pollen from spreading into the air again? Thanks for posting.
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

• billyboy
        billyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes and Yes. I was hoping to was away anything on the leaves with a bit of water.

Nice seeds, should make you proud with their grow!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X