Seeking input, advice on these autos before I water them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Seeking input, advice on these autos before I water them

They are not overwatered, I see some yellow leaf tip ends, they need watering today. They're in coco coir/organic garden mix/perlite medium. I'm giving all 3 cal-mag, I introduced a little GH Trio micro & veg to the two older girls last week. Keeping pH 6.3-6.5, temps under 80F, struggling to keep 40%RH. Two are 6 weeks old, the 3rd is 5 weeks old. I have a 240w LED panel and a 220w Sunlike Full Spectrum light in the closet, running 24/7.

The NL runt: Would flipping the LED to veg & bloom maybe make it stretch some? Or just bloom for the red? Right now all three are mostly crowded under the full spectrum light. It's stacking little budlets, not sure whether to train it with twisties to lay to one side? I've removed lower fan leaves but new growth is thick and still near the dirt, one side of the plant is more sparse.

Lemon: It has a little more room between nodes, little taller and more spread out, nice white pistils. Been twisting and tucking leaves to get light to the budlets. Would you try to train this one with coated wire?

Cat-chewed NL (Chewy): The cat topped it, new stems growing taller on one side. Last week it looked all splayed out like it was trained. No pistils showing yet but it might have the best potential.

I'm really don't know with autos when to increase the lighting, and if I'm feeding them correctly per their stages and situations. When do I start bloom nutes and should I use the trio at low strength every other watering with just pH'd cal-mag water in between? Am I expecting too much at 6 weeks, or is any of this normal?

The pots are sitting on my kitchen table ATM, within eyesight, to protect them from Kitty Krazy Pants. Pics below - and as always, TIA for any help.

Mr.furley are you here on this holiday weekend, sir?

Canuck147 any advise on the NL midget? I stripped the low fan leaves but the new leaves are still close to the dirt

I have today and part of tomorrow to work on these, I'm not trying to be so demanding of your time. Thank you.
    Last edited by Puglover1; 05-30-2021, 04:01 PM. Reason: added tags
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

I got 4 hard wires on Lemon, two on Chewy ... I don't know what to do with the Runt. I put binder clips on its pot and secured it from opposite sides with plant twisties for now. As long as they're in the kitchen I'll water them in the sink, just not sure what to give them.

Comment

Hey Puglover1 I don't know how much help I can be I've only grown one round of autos and I don't use coco but since no one else is around at the very least I can keep you company lol. I think your ladies were given to much light they stayed to compact instead of stretching out, maybe because they're autos if you reduced the light either by raising them or turning em off a couple hours a day. They're a little dark green with the tips just barely burnt so maybe a touch to much N but not by much. It might be the pics but they look a little dry to like maybe you're only watering right around the bottoms and the roots are trying to grow into dry soil. Droopy is normally a root issue but can be a few things like over or under watering root bound and root rot are the only ones coming to mind. I rule out root bound and rot so we're left with water???
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Hi MeEasy Sorry I missed you, I had to water them and put them in the closet, they were thirsty. I knew that, plus I had to keep my eyes on the cat. Someone here that grew these auto strains, seeds from the same source, also said they're calmag hogs. They got well watered, better distributed throughout the pots but the centers felt hard, compacted. I roughed it up by hand first, just hoping a little bit of extra doesn't bum me out in the morning. At first the water would come out the sides but the bottoms were better saturated today so hopefully that helped? I have a big 'pot saucer' with 5 raised 'bumps' so the pots/bags don't sit in runoff water. I have Recharge if it'd help in a future watering. Lights are far enough away, like 20"ish. One on 50%, the led on veg only. I'll check their environment before I go to bed, soon. Yeah they seem dry, I need humidity or less heat. Should be good tonight after being watered well. Hoping the nephew can fix the bathroom fan that goes into the attic or put in the replacement if I have to buy one. Humidity should get better as they grow, need watering more, and I have a small humidifier if it'll help. The temps are the first thing to fix, the fan. Someone else here now has a runt NL auto close to harvest. I guess better than not growing anything this summer. I think what I get will be better THC%, my first grow was a long strange trip but plentiful and it works well. My favorite dispo IL strain, with free seeds on accident. Next one will be a long sativa grow, planning two plants but wondering if I could sneak a fast photo in with them. Variety and insurance. Sorry to babble on, I caught a good buzz tonight.

Comment

I'm cooking some soil now for a long sativa grow myself. It's gonna be an all haze grow I have 4 different strains x with haze S silver, S lemon, Zombie, and Strawberry.... I have 5 5 gallon pots going so I have to find something to put in the extra one. I have an old single seed of Freddy Kruger I'm leaning towards I really liked the strain so I've held the seed for awhile now lol kinda dumb how we do things like that almost a hoarding thing 😅 I don't want to grow it because it's the last one
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hehe, it's not like you can't clone Freddy or something, right? I wish I'd saved a Mag Landrace seed, or at least prevented the cat from eating clones I had rooting in a glass. Oh well, I picked a primo bud of Mag for my bedtime doob last night.

Just a quik ?I couldnt see wether you were wateing them with nutes everytime or not cos with coco its often better to wter them with just plain PH'd water every otherttime.Also alot of autos use loads less nutes than they tell u so you dont need loads all the time.Give them very little and watch closely to see if they need more.I currently use the canna range and it says to give them something like 35ml per 10l,whereas for the last couple of grows ive been giving mine between 5+8ml per 10l and ive had no problems other than more green than i could ever smoke.Bonus.On one last note think about bugs+neighbours,never let them dry right out they dont like that,
          Grow tent=120x60x150 for veg,300x150x160 for flowering
          Current grow=4x dwarf autos,
          Medium=coco/perlite 60/40
          Nutrients=canna a+b plus calmag
          Lighting=2x110w QBs for veg,2x600w hps/digital+dimmable for flowering
          Ventilation=Small tent 2x4" ac infinity fans and 2x rhino carbon filters Large tent 8"ac infinity fan+filter.
          Circulation=2x6"oscilating fans in smaller tent, 2x8" oscilating fans and 12" static in large tent
          Pots=12l fabric
          Temps with light on 23-24c,lights of 17-18c

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, Right now I'm using an organic gardening mix, Vigoro, plus some peat, and perlite, not the coco coir bricks that you have to open up and water to expand. The mix has cc in it among other ingredients, says it's good for so many weeks without food. I started cal-mag bc these auto strains seem to need it, only gave 1/4 strength other nutes once last week to see how they reacted. The pots felt heavier for how dry the soil really was, I took them outside for some better pictures.

I can't recall, stoned, but I want to change the light schedule. I'm using the top always-hot outlet then the below outlet has a double timer. If I switch the ext cord to the 18/6 side does it take affect after a certain time? Like, it's set on midnight to 6 am darkness. If I switched the ext cord to that timer 'holes' at 11 pm would the lights go out at midnight tonight? Or if I switched After midnight would it be dark until 6 am, then fire up? I remember reading something about this but do no recall ATM. TY.

Tuff questions - might be easiest to just let your runt grow the way she wants.

I know your lights on 24/7 - might want to give them some darkness. Photos grow during their 12 hours of darkness - that's why I run my light 18/6.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Canuck147 I thought of that but it was several weeks ago. I agree. I have a dual timer set for either 12's or 18's so switching is simple. Should I give the runt LED veg & bloom, just one, or keep them all crowded under the new full spectrum light for now? Nobody looks worse for wear today, going to put the tiny humidifier in with them until it runs during the tonight, it's cool here, no HVAC running. Thank you. I hope you had a nice weekend.

Hi Puglover1
          I agree with Canuck, I suggest going to 18/6. It sounds like your environment is pretty good. I have trouble with low humidity as well right now running my A/C. Low humidity is better than high humidity in my opinion. I suggest always watering as per the GWE watering guide. Do you have a light meter? They're great to have and will help with some lighting concerns.
          An inexpensive lux meter lets you measure that amount of light at a specific point in space - learn how to use this tool to increase your yields!
          Last edited by JeffInCanada; 05-31-2021, 01:59 PM.
          Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
          I like weed and science.

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Says not for LEDs. I'd rather have low than high RH also. I grew photos, this is my first time with autos. I think the fans might be drying them quicker than expected.

Here is the runt, NL2.

2X4X6 Quictent
          1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
          600w LED (80)
          1000w LED (180)
          2 X Viparspectra P-1000
          2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
          6" battery/usb fans
          Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
          GH trio with Calimagic
          Lung room humidifier
          3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
          ArmorSi, kelp when needed
          Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
          Northern Lights auto
          (Seedsman)
          auto 00 Kush
          (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
          2x Northern lights auto
          1 auto 00 Kush
          1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
          Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, I didn't want to attribute the runt to the wrong person. Heh. Was yours anything like mine in looks/growth when it was young? Yours has a nice shape to it. I imagine mine growing into one cola, big, fat and full of mold inside, at the rate it's going. Maybe my humidity deficiency will help.

• Catfish22
            Catfish22 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine insisted on growing at a 45° angle and I was going to bend it any way so I let it go. I kinda pinned down some of the longest branches and it just stayed short. I see a big knuckle just at the surface so I'm wondering if it got injured and I didn't notice. The bride said let it go, so go runt go!

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was having trouble with the pics loading thing earlier, I reduced the Chrome size and got to click on the two above. Was yours growing that way so you helped it a bit? It has nice light penetration, colas seem to be filling in nicely. Much better than throwing it away!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X