Topping right or wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Topping right or wrong?

Hello, I'm a first time grower and yesterday I made my first topping cut. I'm not sure I did the right job so if someone could check the picture and let me know I would really appreciated. If you need better pics please let me know.

Looks good to me ... Are these Photos or Autos? what strain? indoor or Outdoor?
    Tent 1 4X4X7 VIVOSUN Tent, 2 1000W LEDS, 6in Exhaust W/ 2 18IN Carbon filters 2 inside fans, Cool mist humidifier, Fox Farms Ocean Forest, FF Nutes
    2 BCN Critical XXL, 2 Blueberry Gum, 2 Hindu Kush all in Flower Autos

Tent 2 "3x3 IPower Tent 1000w LED 4IN Exhaust w/ 2 14 in carbon filters 2 inside fans Cool mist humidifier Fox Farm Ocean Forest" FF Nutes Clean and ready for next grow

Comment

• akaweedman
      akaweedman commented
      Editing a comment
      They are autoflowering Royal Dworf seeds. I bought them at Royal Seeds. The growth method is a little strange because I don't have money for a fancy grow house. I grow them indoors but I use sunlight during the day, and at night some very dimmed led (red) lights. I started with a 24/7 light schedule but I now went down to an 18/7. I've kept the humidity between 60% - 70% at first but now I've lowered it to 40% - 50%. Temperature 20º - 22º celcius. My first mistake was using a giant vase straight away and because of it I'm on week 7 and the plant is still 15 cm (6 inches) tall. The second plant I started growing I started on a smaller vase and it grew faster. Now my third seed I'm going to start in an even smaller container and move up from there

They are autoflowering Royal Dworf seeds. I bought them at Royal Seeds. The growth method is a little strange because I don't have money for a fancy grow house. I grow them indoors but I use sunlight during the day, and at night some very dimmed led (red) lights. I started with a 24/7 light schedule but I now went down to an 18/7. I've kept the humidity between 60% - 70% at first but now I've lowered it to 40% - 50%. Temperature 20º - 22º celcius. My first mistake was using a giant vase straight away and because of it I'm on week 7 and the plant is still 15 cm (6 inches) tall. The second plant I started growing I started on a smaller vase and it grew faster. Now my third seed I'm going to start in an even smaller container and move up from there.

Comment

The topping looks fine, but you need more light, lots more. A half dozen cfl's would not cost much and will help a lot. and hit em 24/7 til you pick em. You don't need a fancy grow box, a big cardboard box lined with tin foil and a small fan would do. Oh, BTW fiber pots are inexpensive and much better to grow weed in. Start saving for a carbon filter, hopefully you're gonna need it. Good luck.

Comment

Very curious to see how these autos do after topping. I topped a Gelato from ILGM (auto) around 25 days old and the plant did not recover. Then, I FIM'med some other plants but truly actually missed, LOL, and did not cut low enough so all that resulted in is some leaves with the tips cut off. So my experiments in topping autos go on...I have a new grow of Gelato, Wedding Cake, and Zkittelz autos from ILGM and I'm thinking about trying again. I start my plants indoors under LEDs (not in a tent) and move them outside around 3 weeks old. I live in FL where we have year-round sun and temps.

Comment

I would say not to top a dwarf auto, but that's me. Dwarf seems smaller than other autos? Yes they love love light and not being overwatered.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X