Spacebucket - 1st time grow troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Spacebucket - 1st time grow troubles

I want to keep everything small - 1 plant, small setup, small yields. So after lots of research, I decided to dive in using the Spacebucket tutorials. My first attempt was a bust and my current seedling has pitifully slow growth.

"Groota" is 3 weeks old and was started in a solo cup. She stayed in natural light until a week ago when I transplanted her into the Spacebucket. She hasn't changed much since.

Here are my questions:
    1) Can I salvage my plant?
    2) If not, I will germinate and plant another, but what has went wrong?

Medium: plain Jane potting soil
    Light: I'm using a 50w UFO LED light on the 18/6 schedule. (Is this the problem? Do I need more wattage?)
    Strain: Northern Lights autoflowering

I appreciate any and all help!!

Well looks like a number of things can be improved Growrookie your soil is acidy too much wood not enough soil, yes to the wattage it's ok for a seedling to grow in for few weeks. How far from that lamp is it? probley too warm? Get better soil with light fluffy mix or add perilite, coco coir to that.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks SoOrbudgal! The light is 20 inches from the soil. What is an appropriate wattage as they get bigger? Do you think I can salvage this girl in new soil?

Comment

I never used a space bucket to small for my plants so can't recommend a lamp for it.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Transplanting autos is going to slow their growth. Remember, autos don't have a long veg phase, so anything you do to autos may stunt or even kill the plant because they don't have as much time to recover from stress as photoperiod plants do. Looking at your Groota at 3 weeks old....she's looking a little stunted, which might have happened due to the transplantation. I start my autos in their forever pots. They stay small longer, but once they hit their growth spurt, they take off. I would pop another seed and start her in her forever home. As for Groota, I agree your soil needs help...more drainage with either perlite or coco to make the soil lighter so roots can develop more easily.

Comment

Thanks dakini9! Great info. I will start the next one in much better soil.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X