Dehumidifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dehumidifier

Using a 5x5x6 tent, temp in the tent normally ~75-80, 6” exhaust fan, 315 LEC light. Coco coir.
    I live in coastal NC where the humidity is really high...it’s normally around 60-70% in the tent even with the exhaust fan running full out....the fan is pulling in air that’s about as humid as the air being removed.
    Plants are vegging now so the humidity is almost perfect but I need to bring it down when I switch to 12/12 in a few weeks and the small dehumidifier I put in there to see if it would help doesn’t lower the humidity at all.
    So was considering getting a larger dehumidifier like the one linked below but if I put it in the tent the temp in the tent will rise, maybe too much since those things put out quite a bit of heat.
    Can’t really find any help searching the net so if anyone has experience lowering humidity in a very humid area I’d appreciate any input.

Hi Rodney1. I use my dehumidifier in my lung room, room you are drawing the air from, so the air has passed through the dehumidifier before it reaches the tent. Otherwise you are just drawing more humid air into your tent, like you mentioned. The idea is to deal with the air before it gets into the tent. Hope that makes sense, on some heavy medication at the moment lol.
    3rd indoor grow in 15 years.

2 x Wedding Cake(New420guy)
    2 x Grandoggy Jones(Connoisseur Genetics)
    6ft x 6ft BudBox Pro White
    4 x 37litre(10 Gallon) Bucket Company pots
    Professor's Nutrients 70% Coco 30% Perlite
    3 x ES 300's (2 x V2, 1 x V3)
    Professor's Nutrients feeding program(slightly modified)
    ISO-Max 200 exhaust fan with filter

Comment

Originally posted by newbutoldgrower75 View Post
      Hi Rodney1. I use my dehumidifier in my lung room, room you are drawing the air from, so the air has passed through the dehumidifier before it reaches the tent. Otherwise you are just drawing more humid air into your tent, like you mentioned. The idea is to deal with the air before it gets into the tent. Hope that makes sense, on some heavy medication at the moment lol.
      Problem is the tent is under the house...we live in a flood zone so the house is elevated and I have about 6’ of headroom under the house. It’s completely enclosed by concrete block walls except for a ventilated door. There’s a vapor barrier but it does get damp down there. Probably ~2K sf. But Homelabs is having a 20% off sale so I can get their biggest dehumidifier (4500sf) with a pump for just a little over $200 so it’s probably worth a try to dehumidify the entire space. If that doesn’t work I guess I can get a commercial unit. Enjoy the buzz!

Comment

• Catfish22
        Catfish22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you close up a smaller area in your "crawl space"? You may even be able to do it with some heavy tarps or frame some thing up to put some drywall on.

That will provide a more controllable lung room or pre conditioning area. It might be that the smaller dehumidifier would handle it.

I'm in coastal SE VA and have lived on the Carolina coast myself, you'll figure it out! There are many good folks on here so don't hesitate to ask questions, no dumb questions here.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I was going to try. Can tarp off an opening giving me a 13’ x 20’ x 7’ space with some vents so it won’t be totally sealed off.
      Will order the 4500sf dehumidifier and see if it works. If not I’ve got 30 days to return it and will go with a commercial unit. Thanks

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X