I didn't grow it but is this mold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't grow it but is this mold?

Dispensary had 1/8ths on a deal earlier this month. Rollins was in a can. The other two, Cake Mints and Bio Chem, are in jars marked "SEED GROWN, HAND CRAFTED, COLD CURED, PESTICIDE FREE". The CM was basically a 3-gram hard bud; the BC had a couple of hard buds. I've never seen this before when breaking up weed, took pics after the 2nd time I noticed it. There were a few totally white spots inside when I broke some off to roll a joint. The pic of the CM inside was too blurry to post, my hands were shaky.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Bonjour toi !! By looking at pic #3 I would say yes. How's the smell ? Mildewy @Puglover1 ?
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmbuck Bonsoir! The just-opened 1/8ths: one smelled gassy, nice. Another smelled OK, the 3rd didn't have a pleasant aroma, if any at all. I will smell the insides next time I pull apart a bud. The jarred strains are the tightest, hardest buds I've ever felt.

My last jar from the dispo was janky as hell. They used a screen before jarring to remove trichs. BUT, you could also buy a jar of trichs and trim of the same variety.

Emailed their contact list and chewed their nuts for a while. Got a good jar replacement, but yeah....last trip to the dispo.

That's janky man, if you're using for medical (or not, honestly), mold is super dangerous. I'd raise hell.
    Last edited by Floopydoop; 05-30-2021, 02:40 AM. Reason: commas are important
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I plan to take pics in better lighting the next time I break off a piece, hardest buds I've ever felt and I've felt many buds in 45+ years. I need to do it and email them soon, they have time limits. Like, buy a bag full of items and they expect you to open and try every one within a week. I needed a sativa for pain and these were 33% off - buy 3, pay for 2. I add a bit to my own grown to roll joints for a change of pace/combo buzz.

Damn another example of the fact that they sell shitty weed at dispensary. My friend works at one and he tells me and sends pics of moldy weed and he tells me this is the shit they are selling right now. All those supposedly testing labs are a fraud or somehow these guys send something to get tested and then sell the shitty weed? Who knows how they doit? Point is rock hard buds, super strong smell like they added shit, and white like mold is what you get at any dispensary. It’s sad but I’m glad because that’s what made me grow my own and would never mix my delicious medicine with their crap. Last time I did that my wife said what did you put in this bowl it’s nasty I said I mixed the dispensary shit she said don’t ever do that again it’s nasty lol. She hardly ever smokes and she could tell.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, surprised your wife could tell you mixed it. I broke my bowl, not crazy about using Chillums (get dirty fast) so one-hitters or joints. My 1970's bong is underground in a box, I need a metal detector, my Club rolling tray is in there also. Don't even ask - I'd tell you why but don't feel like typing a novella right now. I was using up older dispo weed from 2018/19, pre-legal rec, and it was much frostier. Percentages were lower but it worked just as well so I also question their testing stats and sample submissions. I might go soak all of my glass chillums and clean out my two one-hitters, though I regularly keep those pretty clean.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X