stem tea question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stem tea question

I've been thinking of making some stem tea. Do you need to use only the stem from which the buds grow or can you use, for instance, the main stem from a 1 foot plant as well?

Why not, some even use the root.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Rwise Interesting - do you know what they use it for? I think the cannabinoids are mainly concentrated in the buds so I was never sure what people were taking from stem (and root it seems!) tea. Just a flavour thing or does it help with inflammation or other things? Just curious as I also saved a few stems with thoughts of trying it in a tea. I saved the bits of small twigs that come when you disassemble nugs, which I thought make have a little more of the good stuff in them but perhaps I was wrong amd any part is acceptable.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Small stems from buds, arthritis, more THC here
      Stalks IDR, some THC
      The roots, cancer, no or almost no THC
      I am sure there is more
      I wash the small stuff for extracts.

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks rwise, that makes sense. I’ll have to give it a try.

Stems stalks roots fan leaves all can be turned into tea. I just made some the other day and posted about it. Just make sure you perform decarboxylation to the mixture (look online for methods) so it utilizes the THC and CBD. The tea will have very low levels of both (if you don't add buds/flowers) but it makes for a relaxing tea. It has been used for centuries in India....called Bhang.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X