Spider Mites HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider Mites HELP

What is the best organic spray to get rid of Spider Mites? I live in Vietnam in Vung Tau in the south and I'm constantly fighting spider mites. This one is a little different I've been dealing with, some kind of mite, White smaller mite. And spider mites. I've been using Neem but it doesn't seem to affect them at all. Any suggestion on what to use to get rid of these pests once and for all? My plants are about 7 weeks old. As you can see the dark and white spots. No question about it- Mites. What to use to rid them?
    I guess I should mention they are growing on my rooftop in15 gal white containers on the 3rd floor with my vegetable garden. I've heard Marigolds repel most pests but I guess not mites because I have them growing around them and they had them so I had to get rid of them. The soil is 2 parts organic soil 1 part worm casting and 1 part perlite. Hard to get anything else here.
    Last edited by novicemike; 05-25-2021, 12:48 PM.

I use ISO (rubbing alcohol) 50/50 with water (one can go as lite as 1 part ISO to 8 parts water) with the lights off spray the plants from the under side then the top and soak them good (also spray the ground and everything around them). This only kills the adults and not the eggs, so do it again every 3 days (no longer) for at least 3 treatments, then back off and watch. IF they are outside then ladybugs and praying mantis would be best.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      If inside open a window for ventilation.

Thank you Rwise. The plants are outside as mentioned, they have a lot of air flowing around them. We just started to get rain daily which they like but every day so I brought them just indoors where they still get some sunlight and I use the new red and blue grow light blub 18/6 hrs. I don't have access to any kinds of fertilizers, not legal for us to receive them so I have a business that can order them but it takes some time to arrive so I ordered big bloom, Tiger Bloom, and Fox Farm Grow Big. Still waiting. I will try spraying with ISO hopefully that will work for me. I'll let you know how it worked.
    Remember I'm in Vietnam. I've grown in Ca. and Hawaii and it is a lot different here like starting all over again learning how to use what is available to me which isn't much. I've ordered Reefertilzer.com's complete cannabis nutrient kit of Start, Grow, and Bloom especially produced for cannabis growing. Delivery costs the most. Waiting for it too. I'll post pictures of the plants that are growing. They are Power Plant seeds from Amsterdam seed center. The only place I can receive seeds from.
    What's percentage of rubbing alcohol is it? They have many different kinds here and percentages.
    Last edited by novicemike; 05-26-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I use either 71 or 91% ISO, a bit hard to find the 91 right now,
      Any farmers near with cattle? Cow pies are some of the best ferts one can get for MJ.

Comment

I was having problems with a myriad of pests in my outdoor clones (they were there temporarily while I was figuring out another indoor grow space), including spider mites, thrips, white flies, and the occasional caterpillars. I did some research and found that insecticides based on bifenthrin are generally safe for humans and very effective against these pests, particularly against spider mites. After a couple of applications, I've moved them inside and apparently all bugs have died.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X