moved plants outside and they started to flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moved plants outside and they started to flower

18 hours of light inside then moved time 1/2 hour each day to 15 hours, then took the plants out side two hours in the sun each day to harden for a week, before planting in 400 gal pots outside. two weeks go by and several are starting to flower. what can I do to get them back to veg and grow? trim the buds? feed nitrogen? Thanks

Put them under light 24/0 they’ll start re-vegging.

Comment

16+ hours light per day for 2 weeks and they will start reveg. Same thing happens here when I try to get a head start on mother nature.

Comment

• Mitchlewis
        Mitchlewis commented
        Editing a comment
        dig them back out of the 400 gal pots? anything else? We have 14.5 hours day light outside. should I cut the buds off. I fed with grow hoping...Thanks Mitch

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Or just hang some lights close to them. After they reveg they will need a trim as the died buds can cause bud rot

Hey Mitchlewis all you can do is let them be if you move them again it will be hell of a while and most likely go longer till late fall harvest. They will turn around and revegg IF you have them in at least 14-15hrs of sun/shade daylight. No other lighting hits them.......street lights. window lights anything like that. Happened last year to alot of us early flower. After those old little flowers start to die pick them off expose the new growth it's alot of work if they are bigger gals but you will get rewarded. I would let them ride, clean them up as old leaf an flowers die. I lollipoped mine last year it worked great after good yields.

I learned my lesson to not put them outside even in my unheated greenhouse till after June 5th i'm in Oregon i sure wish you luck. It's a process and great learning experience LOL sheeeshhh
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Mitchlewis
        Mitchlewis commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for info. So you think it's cause I put them out 1st week of May and should have waited til june? I'm in Medford or and the sun light right now is 15hours.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes i think that's the case Mitchlewis, i'm no expert but did place mine in the outdoor green house same as you did last year in early May. The sun may be up but not on the exact spot i had this tent still was too dark shaded. Really cool mornings and nights also. Started getting those fall shades in the leaf even when temps cool off in fall. I'm up the North Umpqua near Glide. Yes i'm still vegging my photos in the tent now in 1gal. not gonna transplant in 15gal till couple weeks into June. I'm doing timer in the tent 15on 9off.

If yours are in the sun yours will turn around it's just gonna take some extra weeks. Now i grow indica dominant hybrids like glue, peanut butter breath and autos this season. Smaller type 6ft all i can handle so they finish quicker. I like to get them real strong prior to putting them outdoors, it's a learning thing you'll get the feel for it this grow. They'll come out fine if there in the sun most of those 15hrs.

A problem with reveging them is it takes 2 weeks of their lives, and then 2 more weeks to get them back into flower, 28 days wasted. I would let them do their thing and replant, maybe some autos with a nice short reason.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. Better to ride let them flower. You can keep in veg with a few household bulbs hanging above them. Check Jorge Cervantes on YouTube. He visits grow ups in Colombia’s mountains and that how they do veg in a place where is 12/12 all year round.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X