NL auto slow start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NL auto slow start

I got 3 NL gem autos from seedmans and according to their website my plants are about 1 week behind. So far 1 of 3 seeds did not germinate. Plants are about 2” tall with 1 set of premy leaves.

since this is a 60-75 day grow I am really wanting to get them going.

I made my own tea and using that which is made of
    :great white, azomite, Jack’s 20/20/20(1/4 strength) and cloneX.

I did read NL autos like a slow release fert and prefer soil.
    I grow in RDWC and made my own clone/seedling machine with great success previously.

this is my first auto plant I’ve always used photoperiod seeds.

I just need some great advice on this grow like I have got in the past. Thanks folks 🙏🏼 🌱 💡 💦

3 NL FEM autos”

Comment

I recently just change the light out and was using 2 full spectrum light 💡 (40w per) from Home Depot and changed it to a all white 1700/15w and within the hour I noticed a small rapid growth. The one plant that was stuck in its seed finally popped out and sprung out its second leaf and my other plants (not NL) are responding well to the new bright white light.
      should I change my res with something less potent?
      maybe put the 3 NL in their out container?

Comment

Autos should be started in whatever container you're going to finish them in because transplanting them can cause them to stress and stunt their growth, or start flowering earlier than they're supposed to. And I think your lights are much too small for cannabis. Also, not all NL strains are alike, theres different cultivators and different phenos, so I wouldn't go off what you've read about other NL plants. Not really sure what you're asking, but you need to get a better light first of all.

Comment

Not an option right now. I’ll make due and do my best.

Comment

Sometimes we have to use what we have, some folks swear by transplanting autos, plant the seed in a small container, the pot gets filled with roots and the plant starts growing top parts faster, then move it to a larger pot. To much work for me, I start in the final pot.

Comment

I bought the NL seeds off seedmans and read how to grow them on seedmans so I think these just may be duds. As of right now they are still alive just not doing well. So I removed them from there rooting plugs and put them in a coco/peat blend and a small contain (both plant) and gave them some great white and cloneX solution diluted. Hoping this last resort works.

Comment

Northern Lights Auto need lots of light. If you are growing with cheap CFL's it will be a tiny plant. Cannabis loves light more than most plants, especially strains like NL. If you can only use that type for financial reasons or set up reasons then they will need to be on 24 hours a day if you want the plants to produce any buds.
                I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

To me i've never used Hydro but that NPK seems pretty strong. Sorry i'm all soil.
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

dilvish Light intensity is now to strong so it’s not a light issue. I noticed a over watering issue and they look like they are bouncing back (besides the light burn) with a treatment of great white and removing the excess water. Still growing slow.

Comment

• dilvish
                      dilvish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      slow grow is likely the light. NL like "full spectrum" light not just CFL's. Additionally too much water and cool temperatures will also make it grow slow. FYI, Light burn can happen with any type of light

Maintaining a 56% humidity and a 78F temp and the light is now set to a perfect 70% veg 40% bloom plus a cob light in the middle but still my plants are growing slow… WTF!
                    my autos grow slow and my photos grow strong.
                    weird but I may just be weak at growing autos or the strain/company is selling me bogus seeds.

Comment

I also moved 1 NL auto outside to my greenhouse and it’s growing slow yet my other plants are ginormous. Super weird.

Comment

Northern Lights auto, born April 11th. It's 3 months, 3 days old and 4" 'high'. Under adequate lighting, mostly under the full spectrum light, now under 240 actual watt blurples so the other two plants can have the better light. How tall is yours?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jul14RuntGreenery.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	525416
                        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
                        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
                        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
                        Various size fabric grow bags
                        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
                        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
                        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X