New trimmers - Wow!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New trimmers - Wow!!!

Just bought some new trimmers from my local grow store. Titanium curved blade trimmers. What a big difference from what I used before. Life is good!!!
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Ohh yeah. Have yet to try them. I think they’re bonsai scissors. We’re they expensive ?

Comment

• jamesphoto
      jamesphoto commented
      Editing a comment
      I did use them this afternoon. Cleaned them before taking the picture. They were $18 at the grow store. The sissor style gets stuck on your fingers after a few mins. Open design is much, much easier to use

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. Going to try them out eventually

Nice! Anything to make the trimming job easier is always good. Good trimmers are a must, glad you found some good ones!
    Reminds me of one of the weirdest songs that I ever heard...the scissor man. Snipping, snipping, snipping...

Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
    I like weed and science.

Comment

• Cheeba
      Cheeba commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve got 1 2 3 4 5 senses working overtime.

• JeffInCanada
      JeffInCanada commented
      Editing a comment
      High five Cheeba You know it

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      JeffInCanada In 1979 I was ordering 45's and putting them on jukeboxes, XTC was among the many. I always liked the 'Nigel' song. New wave music was fun times.

The first pair I bought when starting to grow are like your blue ones. I drilled a small hole in the end of one of the handles and screwed in a cup hook so I could hang them up when not in use. After 7 or 8 grows they are still in use in the grow room for trimming during grows. I liked them so much I bought more of them one pair stays where I have been doing my vegging of clones. I also keep a few pair of them and straight blade trimmers for harvesting. Found a 6 pack for 22 that are now 20 on https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 a neighbor and I split a 6 pack last year so I have 3 new ready to go if I need them. A friend told me that the dollar stores sold trim sheers for a buck in the spring, I was able to pick up a few pairs they have their uses but prefer the curved blade trimmers.

Comment

• jamesphoto
      jamesphoto commented
      Editing a comment
      First time using the curved blade. I'm a newbie so not too much experience with either. They seem great - easy to trim with!!!

If you know a lefty these scissors are the best thing I've ever used to cut with since I hurt my R hand, 20 years ago. The blue or the orange ones, it's the spring action that helps.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I also found that removing the plastic locking clip keeps it from doing its job at inopportune times like when doing major defoliation's like one done after the 3 week stretch at start of flowering.

Comment

• jamesphoto
        jamesphoto commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I noticed that about the spring lock as well. A couple of times my hand hit it and it locked on it's own. I'll do what you do and just remove it. 👍👍👍

I love getting equipment recommendations. Thanks for passing this along, I’ll try it out during my next trim!
      Last edited by Rik; 05-24-2021, 09:17 AM. Reason: Damn autocorrect

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X