Closet: light and fan/heat advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closet: light and fan/heat advice

So my closet is 2' deep x 5'+ long x 8' high. I have 2 KIngLED 1200 lights. I don't have exhaust just a (broken) bathroom fan in the ceiling, going into the attic. I plan to either replace the motor/fan if it fits what I've got or get a new bathroom fan for there. I'm looking at a new light that I'll link. It is almost the same exact dimensions as my current lights but different type lighting and style. For this auto grow I could use the new light and one KingLED. Later I could put hooks in the ceiling and use all three for my photo grow, or have a veg closet with one. It's just under $100 incl tax ATM. Do you think the more full spectrum lighting would help me get frostier bud and be better than just my LED panels alone? I have to fix the fan soon, no other way to suck heat, the closet and bedroom doors are open and the house's AC is set at 71 to keep the closet under 80F. Sudden warmer weather for a week here. TIA for advice. Here's the link to the light:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	894.7 KB
ID:	516549
    The broken bathroom fan, and the rod I'm using to hang my two panels which is partly why I'm hesitant to use the pulleys.

Name:	FanCoiled.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	516550
    I have 3 clip fans going, this one in front blows a little stronger but see the coiled cord to the right? That is so much easier, no cords hanging, easy to move. I just ordered another.

Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

The full spectrum LED’s seem to produce better quality bud all around.

Comment

I did get the full spectrum lights as well, I think they are a great price-

FLOWERING:
      Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
      Mother Earth Groundswell Soil
      Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
      GH Flora Trio
      EnjoYield 1000W LED Grow Light 3x3ft with Timer Dimmable
      Current Grow: GC-Critical Purple Auto x2, ILGM- AH x2, NL x1

Comment

• panalilies
        panalilies commented
        Editing a comment
        I got one with a timer and one with out. You can daisy chain the one without a timer to one with, and both will run on the timer you set. They are doing great! Lights come on around 5pm, I gave them some nute water this morning. I have them about maybe 25-30 inches above the plants at 100% brightness and I dont feel any "burring" feeling when I put my hand above the seedling to see if its too warm. I do follow what the light manufacture recommends for distancing (the link shows the one without the timer since that was my most recent light purchase)

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        panalilies Overall did you ever struggle to keep your tent temps low enough, while experimenting/getting all set up? Did you buy the 2nd light to grow two plants? Prices are good right now. I won ten $25 visa e-gift cards that I put on my amazon account balance, waiting on more to arrive (hopefully).

• panalilies
        panalilies commented
        Editing a comment
        Puglover1- I was worried that both lights on at 100% would be too hot, so I do have an oscillating fan on medium pointed at the space between the lights and the plants. I did get the 2nd light for both plants, I wanted to make sure that they had their own. During my first grow, I started another plant when my main one was flowering and it ended up taking all the light and I didnt want that to happen this time. I feel like I may have trouble getting the temps down when I go into the veg/ flowering phases and the temps need to be lower, but I have an exhaust system set up to help with any heat issues. One thing I noticed tho was the exhaust was also taking the humidity out of the tent, as well as the heat. I actually turned it off for now since it was like 30% RH in the tent with a humidifier going. If it gets any hotter than 85, I turn the fan up to high (but that hasnt happened yet). I could keep my lights at 50% until the plants start to veg if I needed to lower the temps or, I could raise them since I have them at the minimum recommended distance from plant to light

$15 over your budget but hey it's well worth it. Plus it's full spectrum. I've got one and I like it.

Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Farmbuck yours and panalilies are the same price right now after coupon, similar in size. I'm wondering which one would run less hot in my closet? I can leave the doors open now for autos but not when growing photos.

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wanted to buy a wall mount osc fan but not sure with the 2 foot depth of my closet. I burned through a tower fan, full-size, on the first grow. Working on my 3-speed osc tower fan now, trying to give it breaks when able. I have a different clip-on saved in a's wishlist but the coiled cord one is so nice to use. I need to water today, I want to bring them into the kitchen but I can't turn my back on the dang cat. Although, the plant he chewed on is probably going to turn out as well or better than the other two. It's just too late now to let the cat do all my trimming and training. LOL.

• panalilies
          panalilies commented
          Editing a comment
          I have like two other table fans I can use, the wall mounted ones looked super expensive and I haven't been able to find a clip-fan with great reviews. I didnt even use a fan until the last 2 or 3 weeks of my grow so I feel like itll be okay. The stem on my plant was huge with whatever airflow I gave it. I also didnt set up my exhaust system until the latter half of my grow as well (I even had it backwards so it was blowing air into the tent). Im still having issues figuring out when I should water, I dont think Ive gone a full 24 hours without watering them yet. Id love to have a little kitty but super glad I dont have to worry about any animals messing with my plants lol

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          panalilies Have you subscribed to or read Canuck147 autoflower training thread? He says to wait until the pots are light to water in order for the roots to grow outward and downward. I syringed stems, then I used a cup to water a circle farther out. I've only watered to a little runoff 3-4 times so far. I still need to water with cal-mag tonight before I go to bed. Roll a number and spend some quality time with the girls. Where you're at now I'd spray the top of the soil with a little water for humidity but let the rest of the pots get dry and light. Just syringe the stems, then work outward in circles as they grow. I didn't have exhaust at the end of my 1st grow, closet too full and everything yo-yo'd in place, unable to get to the ceiling. And my hygrometer stuck, the temperature, the RH was accurate. It is a miracle that I harvested what I did and it works, gets people besides me high. I had removed fan leaves last time to prevent\too much moisture, mold, but I still had a tower fan going the whole time. I later added two clip fans. Someone last year was researching for safety issues, he chose this clip fan: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...LE942NOE&psc=1

The coiled cord one is a Holmes, same price as the one above: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The Lasko blows hardest of my three current brands, I'll probably buy one of the first that I linked to above when the Genesis fan dies. I can blow almost as hard as it does right now.

Puglover1 - I did read his training thread and its STILL hard for me to water correctly ;-; I haven't ever watered enough for run-off, I usually split about 400ML (I think that's right) between them, but only when I wake up at like 7am or when I go to bed at night. How much would you syringe the stem? I have a lot of different sized ones can use. I do have my humidifier wafting over the plants, so I do know they are getting a good dose thru their leaves. I made a post to show the growth between yesterday and today for my CP #1- Ill try really hard tho to let the pot get dry before watering again, see what that looks like.

I told my dad I feel like a small-scale parent watching my plants grow daily and seeing all the changes lol

Yesterday-

Name:	20210523_165422.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	516715

Today-

Name:	20210524_074003.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	516716
        FLOWERING:
        Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
        Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
        GH Flora Trio

Comment

• panalilies
          panalilies commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, if my parents want to use their phones, they either get apps for wifi or go about 5 minutes up the road and they have service there. We only had dial-up until about 10 years ago, when they finally got WIFI. Eesh, I would also do Uber if I had to worry about anything like that happening while driving. We lived about 30 minutes from any real "city". When I turned 18 and moved out, I never looked back. I cant imagine going back to living where I didnt have all the conveniences that I have now. I never used UberEats until I moved to IL. Even tho my grandmother lived in a subdivision about 5 miles from the main city of Franklin TN, they wouldnt deliver. My grandfather had thyroid cancer, thats about the only experience I have with it, so I know its a throat thing. Did they have to remove the parathyriod gland? Like, did they know that you could/would be hypoparathyroid if they removed it?

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I learned recently that they removed it to check for cancer ... I'd already had biopsies, clear. Hypoparathyroidism is considered a rare disease, about 50-60K people in the US so most doctors will never have a patient. And local ER drs are clueless, closest endo is in Morris (I don't like her) so a nephrologist orders my outpatient weekly calcium infusions and I take 9 calcium tablets per day. They waaay downplay the 'maybe' thing, CYA, then they set you free to find info from Facebook groups. They did a quality of life 3-year study, way worse than they thought.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          You did perfect watering panalilies. Yep we had no wifi until we cut the dish trees blocked satillite so they said? Now i use app to talk on my cell until we get closer to town then it's our cell service.

Name:	Lights.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	517529Click image for larger version

Name:	NewLight.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	517528
        panalilies How's your garden grow (ing)? My first name is Mary, I'm not contrary but I heard that phrase a gazillion times growing up, lol. You're probably trying to heat the tent while I'm happy for the cool weather. I can close the closet door and give the tower fan a break. My nephew has a new insert for a bathroom fan, supposed to bring it by Monday to see if it fits my broken one. Got the light like yours Wednesday, put it up yesterday. Because nephew will be coming back I didn't finish getting the cords prettied up yet. And not feeling optimistic about being able to put hooks in the closet ceiling to hang lights, the attic opening is dead center. I'll know more Monday. I was going to take some plant pics today but it's been too dark all day, here. I watered last night so they were placed accordingly for any drippage. Right now all three pots are kissing each other underneath the new light.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Be careful with all that wiring my grower friend just saying..! Oh by the way my name is Rick.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I know, Rick. I am waiting for the nephew to come back, he has a new bathroom fan motor insert that didn't fit a friend's, it might fit mine so that I can suck heat into the attic, before I buy a whole new fan. Been struggling but at least with autos on 24/0 I can leave the doors open and put a tower fan in the opening. When I went to bed it was 63F in my house so the girls had a nice night, the pets kept me warm in bed. It's a family affair.

Puglover1 - My name is Lily How do you like the light so far? I havent had to do much except keep my smaller heater on, even when the lights are on. Keeps it at that 85F. When they are off, it still hasnt dropped below 70F (and I have both lights set to 50% for now). I took some pictures this morning, I think I have 2 different phenotypes? Im unsure-

I think im going to top #2 and leave #1 alone. #1 is looking very small and the nodes seem a lot closer than #2 does

My humidifier has an 8 hour timer and I just woke up to turn it back on, the RH% will be at 55-60% here soon

CP#1- 13 days old today, hits 2 weeks tomorrow!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0651.JPG Views:	0 Size:	4.04 MB ID:	517592
        Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0653.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.61 MB ID:	517593

CP #2- One day younger than #1 so 12 days old today-
        Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0650.JPG Views:	0 Size:	4.02 MB ID:	517595
        Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0652.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.00 MB ID:	517596
        Attached Files
        FLOWERING:
        Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
        Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
        GH Flora Trio

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking healthy, Lily! Isn't it fun to watch them grow? I have my new light within their specs/suggestions height-wise, I think it's 18-20"? It's at 50%. I started at 24/0 so I'm leaving it there. I didn't get pics today but the NL that the cat was eating was all splayed out like it was trained, now there's a dominant stem growing up. I thought he FIMMED it. My Lemon is growing taller, the other NL is still a runt, they both have pistils and lower stems full of growth between tight nodes. Been twisting and tucking leaves to let the light through. I want to take them outside for pics, or put the dang cat in the dog crate to take pics in the kitchen. I need to do something with them. Binder clips arrived the other day, going to water them well this weekend. I'm happy if I can keep the closet at 78F & 40%RH. I have a small humidifier, waiting until nephew comes back to arrange things again. Full disclosure: the day the cat chewed on my poor twin NL I decided to FIM the other two plants because I was so PO'd at him. Kind of wish I'd started my sativa photo strain instead but it will be a winter grow. I'm still tempted to start an auto outside on the patio table, I wait until June 1st here to put anything outside. I have more 3 gal pots, a pretty 5 gallon orange fabric pot that was a steal, and the ingredients to fill them. I have enough MAG left to smoke for a while, not sure what I'm going to get out of these autos. I think the cat's NL might be the winner. I'm giving Cal-mag and a little of the GH trio micro & veg nutes, the first two are 6 weeks in the closet, the 'twin' is 5 weeks old. I expected more height by now, been removing leaves that are close to the soil. Hoping for a nice day tomorrow to inspect and try to train, I might lay the runt NL over on its side with twisties and use the heavy coated wire on the Lemon.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X