Nirvana Seeds in a downward spiral?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nirvana Seeds in a downward spiral?

In the past NebulaHaze made a recommendation in her list of seed dealers Nirvana Seeds be included. Of late i have noticed she no longer recommends this dealer. I am curious as to why she has removed them from the list. In my last order of 7 different strains only two exhibited superior genetics that Nirvana is well known for. Two of the seeds producing entirely unacceptable traits a Super Silver Haze being not so super, and an OG Kush producing a hermaphrodite. Is Nirvana's quality control in a downward spiral?

iv just wrapped up a Nirvana grow and iv had some not so impressive results. zkittles had a bad germination rate (50%), the one I flowered threw nanners worse then iv seen from a plant in a long time starting in week 4 of flower. Gelato would not clone after 4 attempts but is a solid final bud on the one I grew out I did a staged harvest on it and the bottom of the plant (wait for it) threw nanners. not impressed!

It is worth mentioning that one of the order was hit by customs this winter and after chatting with them I received replacements with a super, super fast delivery.

probably not going to order from them again, seedsman is on the list as well and coffee shop seeds straight ripped me off, after payment confirmation no tracking, no letter, and no response to multiple email. To many good seed banks in the US nowadays.

good to see you starramus
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr.furley, I never was crazy about Nirvana's freebies. But I never had any problems with Seedsman, in fact the last order was during the 420 promo and I got my seeds in a little over 2 weeks.

https://www.sensibleseeds.com/ I recommend them, I have used them for five years now and NEVER, EVER have had a problem. I even got fifteen seeds for free through them, 5white widow and 10 vanilla frosting, give them a try and they sell seeds from seedsman nirvana ace so on

Comment

Nirvana has not been so great I have to agree. I purchased from Seedsman and the germination rate was terrible (bad first impression). I cloned the ones that did sprout but 1 hermied, it was crazy it had manners and full on sacs. Is it worth trying to grow out the clones or just chalked it up to bad genetics and get rid of them? The others in the same tent didn’t hermie.

Comment

I am growing a skunk #1 from nirvanna, so far so good......anyone else grow this strain???

Comment

I know I seem like a shill for these guys because it's all I ever talk about. Would be interested to see if ya'll would be happy with some of their stuff.

In Northern California. Reasonable prices, about 8 bucks per seed/fem. Plus freebies. But I don't fully understand what you old timers are talking about in terms of genetics, etc.

Give Dave a try. See what you think. 2 orders so far, 4/4 germ rate. Unsure of genetics, but this year looks a whole lot better than last did (mostly my fault).

Edit: Only seedbank I've ordered from. Full disclosure, also not affiliated/bonus/etc. Just talkin out of school is all.

www.holimoli.com
          Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

I had pretty shitty results with Nirvana seeds. I won't use them again. Like Mr.furley said, there's tons of great seed banks stateside.
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I suppose I should post the results of my mid July harvest. Of the seven Nirvana seeds 5 produced disappointing results. The not so Super Silver Haze achieved only 27" in height. The miniature Aurora Indica yielded the least bud I have ever seen from an Aurora seed. And I have numerous grows of this strain as it is one of my wife's favorites.The Granddaddy Purp seed produced a plant with only one side yielding foliage, and buds quite the oddity. The White Widow although small in stature did yield some pretty great flower. And of course the OG Kush was the ultimate disappointment with its abundant pollen sacs. Could it be that they are harvesting seeds from scrappy plants?

Anyhow I will have to give Nirvana credit for the two seeds that they did oh so brightly shine with. The Maui grew to over six feet, and was a heavy producer. The Original Glue too a huge bush with buds a plenty. These two plants softened the foregoing disappointment to some extent. The Glue, and the Maui were such exceptional specimens that I took 6 clones 2 of which will become mother plants.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0888.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.52 MB ID:	532666

Maui of course on the left, and the original Glue on the right. A somewhat cloudy day for photography. The verdict is in, and I will order from Nirvana again. With living things one must take one's chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
                iv just wrapped up a Nirvana grow and iv had some not so impressive results. zkittles had a bad germination rate (50%), the one I flowered threw nanners worse then iv seen from a plant in a long time starting in week 4 of flower. Gelato would not clone after 4 attempts but is a solid final bud on the one I grew out I did a staged harvest on it and the bottom of the plant (wait for it) threw nanners. not impressed!

It is worth mentioning that one of the order was hit by customs this winter and after chatting with them I received replacements with a super, super fast delivery.

probably not going to order from them again, seedsman is on the list as well and coffee shop seeds straight ripped me off, after payment confirmation no tracking, no letter, and no response to multiple email. To many good seed banks in the US nowadays.

good to see you starramus
                Mr.furley The same thing happened to me this winter/spring. Customs confiscated my first order, and Nirvana reshipped immediately, but with FedEx instead of snail mail. Apparently they have hooked up with FedEx, and they will be their regular shipping partner. The seeds arrived in less than 48 hours!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X