Yellowing new growth after switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing new growth after switch

This is my 2nd grow indoors. I have a 4x4 tent with a viparspectra xs1500. A 6in infinity exhaust. I am growing 2 clones i clipped april 1st from my first grow. Gorilla breath feminized. They both are in a 7 or 8 g planter. before i transplanted them i had the tops tied down thinking i was going to try scrog but i left them up after transplant. Right before i switched them over i thought i got them used to the new light. And they loved it and started seeing that they were females And i put them in 24hour darkness. When they came out they were yellow on the new growth. Its got better after 12 light. But after the 12 dark the new growth is ight again are they ok? Is that normal. Ya see anything it would be appreciated. My 1st grow sucked. Hoping to make a good grow his time.i did a light flush it helped i think. The e.c. was at 1.8. The ph is 6.5 using fox farms ocean soil. I have the light at 20 inchs getting 850ppfd at 80% power . the temp is 78f and 60% humidity.

They seem fine i guess. They have been growing an inch a day lately. They were 15inchs high yesterday

Comment

• JeffInCanada
      JeffInCanada commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks real good to me. Growing that much a day is a good sign. Keep up the good work!!

New growth is often a light green and is nothing to be worried about. If the green turns to yellow then you do have an issue, possibly ph issue or not enough nitrogen. But looking at your pics i see nothing to be worried about.

Comment

Thank you for the reply i was kinda thinkng that but i wanted. Someone to verify and maybe notice a thing im missing

Comment

I moved my dehumidifier out of the tent and put it in the darkroom the tent is in and that did wonders. I ended up getting a new PH tester and it came with a soil PH probe as well. and if its right, the ph is closer to 7 than 6. My old PH tester messed up and i have been using the drops.
        Last edited by Coubob; 05-27-2021, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Big white roots coming out the bottom holes of my 7 gallon planter

Comment

The soil ph was above 7 a bit . its closer to 6.7 now. Im starting to see hairs.

Comment

I added a tablespoon of epson salt in my last watering of 6.0 along with a bit of bigbloom last night my soil ph is slowly going down. and the plants grew an inch and a half last night.Its been 2 weeks since i switched to 12/12.and they are at 19inch now
              Last edited by Coubob; 06-02-2021, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• JeffInCanada
                JeffInCanada commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking real good! She is doing the flowering stretch. Nice clean looking tent too.

Think i know why my soil went above 7ph . i had used my soil from a previous grow and added more verticulite to it a.along with nutes even higher.maybe???

Comment

More hairs. Day 13 of flower

Comment

Keep on havin to water with 5.8 to 6 ph to keep the soil ph below 7. pic is day 18 after switching to 12/12
                  Last edited by Coubob; 06-06-2021, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Comment

Your plant looks good but I honestly wouldn't trust that pH soil probe. They are notoriously inaccurate.
                      2X4X6 Quictent
                      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
                      600w LED (80)
                      1000w LED (180)
                      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
                      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
                      6" battery/usb fans
                      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
                      GH trio with Calimagic
                      Lung room humidifier
                      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
                      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
                      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
                      Northern Lights auto
                      (Seedsman)
                      auto 00 Kush
                      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
                      2x Northern lights auto
                      1 auto 00 Kush
                      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
                      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Thanks catfish22 ill keep that in mind . my last feeding of 6.3ph and two teaspoons of epsonsalt and tiday it looks like the buds fattened up alot.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X