Pale edges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Pale edges

My first organic grow because I wanted to change the formula this time around. Things are going fairly well but 2 of my autoflower seedlings (different strains) have these very pale edges and margins which I'd like to correct. The mix is an organic seedling mix and I've top dressed with a tiny amount of organic (hen manure based) fert and some dolomitic like. They will be transplanted in a few days once the stems get a bit more robust.The other 2 are smaller but don't show these pale areas. I did double the light but have since gone back to a single led. in case this is light burn. I misted on a foliar spray of weak Epsom in the RO water that I used to germinate, but have been using tap water for the last week (water sits for 24 hours to reduce chlorination before use). In the past I've used chemicals to feed but just relying on the soil is just as nerve wracking since I'm not sure how to quickly correct issues. I'm hoping to get some advice/tips from experienced organic growers

Attached Files
    Last edited by Canucklehead; 05-21-2021, 02:41 AM.

Organic or otherwise - your water has to be pHed balanced between 5.5 and 6,5 - water out of that range will induce nutrient lock-out - which is why I think you are experiencing the beginnings of..
    pH balance your water every time..
    Otherwise they look pretty good - some autoflowers don't do well with transplanting.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Jeez I've gotta start proof reading my posts haha. *fert* not feet *lime* not like *foliar* not dollar...stupid autocorrect. In any event your point is well taken and I admit I've been less diligent than previous grows due to the data I've accumulated in the past and the consistency I've noted. Just checked and the PH is far higher than typical - just got a good lesson in getting back to the basics. When I used up all the RO water from the seedling stage I did a check of the runoff water with the soil/tap water/amendments and made the assumption that the tap water would be consistent. Bad assumption.Thanks !

Comment

They are root bound.
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X