Naners in late flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naners in late flowering

Hey i hope you can help with this, it's my first grown, i have a hydro indica on day 54, starting to show bananas, i know its time to cut them as it will only get worse, but should i do it now half way though their day or wait until the morning to cut them down>? thanks!!

Anyone able to help???

Comment

Even if they open it will take a few days at least before any seeds start to develop. If the buds are not ready I would let it go for awhile. Is it 54 days in flower or 54 days from seed?

Comment

• johnq124
        johnq124 commented
        Editing a comment
        54 days in flower

Just remove the nanners, whenever you like. Put them out with a sharp pointy tool.
      Last edited by Weasel; 02-03-2017, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• Vitreous
        Vitreous commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with weasel, cut the bananas and continue growing, but monitor very closely as more are sure to follow.

Let her grow and pluck what you can, it takes a good 2 weeks for nanners to pop and form seeds. I got nanners in week 5 on my bagseed grow and rode it to harvest, i didn't get one seed out of 3.5 oz. Sometimes it's a genetic thing especially with bag seeds or unknown strains. Don't read too deeply into what you found on Google lol let her finish i bet you won't be disappointed. Peace and positive vibes!
      Perpetual setup!

Comment

My experience is that by the time you see a nanner flower it's already releasing pollen. They just don't release huge amounts. Still worth removing if only to give us something to do and make us feel better.
        Seeds usually become obvious within a week of pollination.
        Last edited by Weasel; 02-03-2017, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Hi johnq124, I had a couple of plants 'nanner'ed' on me near the end of my last grow. I panicked and plucked a bunch of them, but they just kept popping up. I let them finish maturing and after all was said and done, there were not enough seeds in the buds to worry about (about 100-150 seeds from 7 1/4 oz. of bud). Not all of the buds had seeds, I guess that genetically, the pollen from the nanners can only form seeds if the particular genetics of a flower was different enough for the pollen to fertilize it. I'm not sure, just a SWAG.
          Don't cut them down, even with some seeds, the buds will still be as potent as with out seeds.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Weasel for the insight. I had read that the seeds produced thru self pollination were more prone to being female. Is there any truth to that premise, or is 'bunk' just waiting to be 'de-'ed'? I got a few (around a hundred, have not counted them) and was planning to sprout some of them for my next grow (the MOMs were very enjoyable). Do You think that this would be a waste of time? I think that the plants were stressed by light leaks, I am further into the bloom cycle now than when the 'nanners' showed up on the last grow, so maybe, I have the leakage fixed or under control.
            Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the subject,

• Weasel
            Weasel commented
            Editing a comment
            Those seeds will be female. No male genetics = no male plants, barring that 1% freak event which always seems to squeeze itself in there. Seedbanks will usually tell you their fem seed is '99%' female.
            The theory is that the offspring produced by hermies should be roughly equally prone to going hermie as the parents were- if that sentence makes sense.

• NA420
            NA420 commented
            Editing a comment
            One of my bagseed grows was a seed that popped out of a bud with a nanner on it and it was female! I only recognezed the nanner cause my first grow had nanners which is something i never paid attention to as a regular smoker, now that i grow i carefully inspect other peoples buds lol

i mean hell we smoked weed with seeds for a long time years ago and the buds were still very potent

Comment

• Weasel
            Weasel commented
            Editing a comment
            Totally. Some of the best bud I've ever smoked was chock full of seeds- . as it all used to be. A pollinated calyx will have less resin but all the unpollinated calyxes within the bud should remain unaffected and continue ripening and producing thc.
            Let's not forget that the OP said they planned to harvest in a couple day (I think) which would make this whole conversation moot anyway.

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Back in the old days (70's), we would not buy it if it did not have any seeds! Too many low-lifes selling male cannabis to the unwary.

Your right weasle sorry to get off track a bit there

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X